- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Student & Teens
- Sunday School
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Destiny Image
Publication Date: 2010
Jesus went around all the towns and villages, teaching…and proclaiming the Good Newsabout the kingdom. He was healing all kinds of sicknesses and diseases (Matthew 9:35 PEB).
In the spiritual battlefield of modern medicine, Healing Prayer and Medical Care is a soul-searing collection of true life stories and a proven victorious blueprint for a vital healing prayer ministry.
Author Abby Abildness uses her 30 years in the medical field to help you to face the often dour circumstances of life. With successful experiences through healing prayer at medical centers and hospital chapels, Healing Prayer and Medical Care reveals clearly that God is healing people every day.
Healing Prayer and Medical Care presents three critical foundations:
· Rest: "You are tired and have heavy loads. If all of you will come to Me, I will give you rest" (Matt. 11:28 PEB).
· Restoration: "The One Who Is Always Present says: Hey, all of you who are thirsty, come to the waters. Those of you who dont have any money, come. …You will enjoy the best food; it will truly satisfy your soul" (Isa. 55:1-2 PEB).
· Healing: "I am the Lord who heals you," Jehovah Rapha.
Your outlook about medical care and prayer will never be the same after reading Healing Prayer and Medical Care.
Abby Abildness is the founder and president of Healing Tree International and Hershey Aglow International community lighthouse in Hershey, Pennsylvania. She is an ordained pastor with Life Center Ministries International of Harvest International Ministries, and a marriage and family therapist. She is the Pennsylvania representative for the Cindy Jacobss Reformation Prayer Network and John Benefiels Heartland Apostolic Prayer Network. She is a former behavioral science professor at Penn State University Hershey Medical Center, and pastoral care professor at Myerstown Theological Seminary. She and her husband have four children and two grandchildren.
richard r blakeBridgman, MIAge: Over 65Gender: male4 Stars Out Of 5A Blueprint for a Vital Healing Prayer MinistryDecember 22, 2010richard r blakeBridgman, MIAge: Over 65Gender: maleQuality: 4Value: 4Meets Expectations: 4"Healing Prayer and Medical Care" provides important guidelines for determining balanced prayer and medicine in healing care. Abby H. Abildness, a behavioral health care specialist, has observed that healing comes after patients have reconciled with God and recognized His purpose in their lives. The book is a compilation of true stories of prayer, medical intervention, and miraculous healing. There are stories of hearts touched, relationships restored, and bodies healed.
Abildness works closely with the Penn State Hershey Medical Center Chapel. Rest, restoration, and healing make are the critical foundations of the ministry of the Chapel. Theirs is a holistic approach to healing. The Hershey Medical Center Chapel program recognizes the importance of ministering to the body, soul, and spirit of the individual.
Jesus' teaching model is applied in the Chapel ministry, which includes: "Ministering to unbelievers in crisis, finding a balanced prescription for healing, finding healing in worship, healing from the heart of God, healing in communion with God and one another, healing in the Word, and healing faith. It is a place of safety, refuge, and healing. Hearts are healing, destinies fulfilled, person refreshment, and restoration work together to remove unbelief and doubt, which are replaced with a stronger faith.
The book is an excellent study of God's original design for healing. Biblical study and a study of Clinical Medicines original design are both included. Abildness advocates the need to find a balance of cultural beliefs with healing. She considers the question, "Who carries authority to heal?"
She presents a step by step training plan for establishing a healing prayer team in the appendices with a model of choice words and scriptures.
Abildness challenges the reader to become involved in a movement of healing among nations with a call to think and pray globally. "Healing Prayer and Medical Care" provides a proven blueprint for a vital healing prayer ministry.
As Reviewed for Midwest Book Review
Find Related Products▼▲
- Christian Living >> Charismatic Interest >> Holy Spirit
- Christian Living >> Charismatic Interest >> Prayer >> Healing
- Christian Living >> Charismatic Interest >> Spiritual Gifts >> Healing
- Christian Living >> Holy Spirit >> Spiritual Gifts >> Healing
- Christian Living >> Prayer
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Charismatic Interest >> Holy Spirit
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Charismatic Interest >> Prayer
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Charismatic Interest >> Spiritual Gifts
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Holy Spirit
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Prayer
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Charismatic Interest >> Holy Spirit
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Charismatic Interest >> Prayer
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Charismatic Interest >> Spiritual Gifts
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Holy Spirit >> Spiritual Gifts
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Prayer