HCSB Reading God's Story: A Chronological Daily Bible - eBook
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
Reading God's Story features two-color interior page layout and is organized into 52 weeks of readings (six readings per week). It presents Scripture in three main acts:
- God’s Plan for All People
- God’s Covenant People
- God’s New Covenant People
- Complete text of the Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB) arranged chronologically.
- Full-color maps
- Lined pages for personal notes
- Introductions to each "Acts"
- Weekly summaries & meditation for the prior week
- Sections not dated—begin whenever you want
- Access to a free App & daily audio podcasts to keep you connected
- 8.75" x 5.75" X 1.75"
|Title: HCSB Reading God's Story: A Chronological Daily Bible - eBook|
Format: DRM Free ePub
Vendor: Holman Bible Publishers
Publication Date: 2011
Text Color: Black Letter
Stock No: WW23490EB
This product is an eBook
Ruth A. TuckerBaker Books / 2013 / ePubOur Price$9.692.5 out of 5 stars for Biographical Bible, The: Exploring the Biblical Narrative from Adam and Eve to John of Patmos - eBook. View reviews of this product. 3 Reviews
Retail Price$14.99Save 35% ($5.30)
Reading God's Story takes that clear narrative approach to the Bible, arranging the complete text into a fresh chronological reading plan developed for the Read the Bible for Life biblical literacy initiative. In this plan the books, chapters, and verses of the Bible are thoughtfully arranged so readers can track the story of Scripture, day by day, from beginning to end, understanding the flow of events and how all the different parts fit together to make sense.
Reading God's Story features two-color interior page layout and is organized into 52 weeks of readings (six readings per week). It presents Scripture in three main acts (God's Plan for All People; God's Covenant People; God's New Covenant People) and seventeen total scenes, providing an introduction for each act and scene to orient the reader to its importance in the grand story. Unlike other chronological Bibles, this arrangement is not date specific (e.g. "January 1"), so a person can begin using this edition at any point in the calendar year.
George H. Guthrie, author of Read the Bible for Life, is the Benjamin W. Perry Professor of Bible at Union University in Jackson, Tennessee. He helped establish and is now a Senior Fellow at Union's Ryan Center for Biblical Studies, which is committed to promoting sound Bible reading, study, and interpretation at the grassroots level of the church. Guthrie has also participated in developing or revising several popular Bible translations including the HCSB, English Standard Version, and New Living Translation.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Bibles >> Devotional Bibles
- Bibles >> Download >> eBooks
- Bibles >> Text & Reference >> Chronological
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Devotionals >> Devotional Bibles
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Devotionals >> Devotional Bibles
- Download >> eBooks >> Bibles >> Devotional Bibles
- Download >> eBooks >> Bibles >> Text & Reference
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Devotionals >> Devotional Bibles
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.