- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Philosophical Branches▼▲
- Philosophical Schools▼▲
- Philosophical Subjects▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
Understanding the story behind the doctrines that have been debated, defined, and defended throughout history is crucial for truly understanding the doctrines themselves.
In this groundbreaking resource, professor Gerald Bray traces the history of Christian theology from the early church to the modern era. Structured to parallel the order in which orthodoxy gradually matured in response to challenges from both within and without the church, this volume tells the story of how Christians have struggled to understand, confess, and worship the triune God through the centuries.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Publication Date: 2014
Gerald Bray (DLitt, University of Paris-Sorbonne) is research professor at Beeson Divinity School and director of research for the Latimer Trust. He is a prolific writer and has authored or edited numerous books, including The Doctrine of God, Biblical Interpretation, God Is Love, and God Has Spoken.
Founding Dean, Beeson Divinity School
Despite its breadth, one that covers the centuries, God Has Spoken also plumbs the depths of numerous doctrines throughout the church's last two thousand years. This volume is an excellent resource for students, pastors, and scholars, and for anyone who wants to study the organic development of the churchs theology. This will prove to be an invaluable resource for generations to come.
-J. V. Fesko,
Westminster Seminary California
Under Gerald Bray's able pen, the history of Christian thought comes to life. Bray's Trinitarian way of framing the story of Christian doctrine is a creative and helpful contribution to the discipline. His familiarity with the sources from every branch of the Christian tree is refreshing - and enviable! His evenhanded narrative - mixed with periodic personal commentary that is often witty, always insightful, and occasionally provocative - makes this book a delight to read. God Has Spoken will be essential reading for scholars and students for years to come. Highly recommended.
-Nathan A. Finn,
Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Church History >> Historical Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology >> Doctrine Surveys & Studies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Historical Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church History >> Historical Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology >> Doctrine Surveys & Studies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Historical Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Church History >> Historical Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Historical Theology