- Philosophical Branches▼▲
- Philosophical Schools▼▲
- Philosophical Subjects▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: HarperPerennial Classics
Publication Date: 2013
Charles Dickens’s shortest novel, Hard Times presents a harsh appraisal of English society during the Industrial Revolution. Set in fictitious Coketown, Hard Times tells the story of Thomas Gradgrind and his children, Louisa and Tom, as they struggle to make their way in a changing England. Through the characters of Thomas, Louisa, and Tom, Dickens explores the divide between mill owners and workers during the Victorian era.
Hard TimesM/em> was originally published serially in Dickens’s weekly periodical, Household Words, between April and August 1854. Considered the darkest of Dicken's novels, Hard Times has divided literary critics who have both lauded it for its exploration of Industrial-era society and criticized it for its skewed portrayal of trade unionism.
HarperPerennialClassics brings great works of literature to life in digital format, upholding the highest standards in ebook production and celebrating reading in all its forms. Look for more titles in the HarperPerennial Classics collection to build your digital library.
Charles Dickens (1812-1870) was one of England's greatest writers. Best known for his classic serialized novels, such as Oliver Twist, A Tale of Two Cities, and Great Expectations, Dickens wrote about the London he lived in, the conditions of the poor, and the growing tensions between the classes. He achieved critical and popular international success in his lifetime and was honored with burial in Westminster Abbey.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Fiction >> Classic Fiction >> British
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Fiction >> Literature >> British
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Fiction >> Classic Fiction
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Language Arts
- Download >> Homeschool >> Language Arts
- Download >> eBooks >> Fiction >> Classic Fiction
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Language Arts
- Homeschool >> Subjects >> Language Arts >> Literature
- Homeschool >> Type >> Download