Add To Cart
Harcourt Horizons Grade 5 Homeschool Package with Parent Guide CD-ROM
- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Buy in Bulk
The Student Text organizes content into units, chapters, and lessons. Students have the opportunity to start a unit project, which is completed at the end of the unit. Individual lessons include a "big idea" and new vocabulary sidebar (vocab words are highlighted throughout the lesson), as well as a unique "focus skill" (e.g. categorization, making inferences, compare and contrast). A review question signals the end of each short section, with a final end-of-lesson review that quizzes students on the big idea, vocabulary, the chapter focus skill, and main concept; an activity is also provided. Chapters and units conclude with review and test preparation. Special skills pages focused on maps, charts, and other key elements are also integrated throughout. A glossary, index, biographical dictionary, and gazetteer are included in the back of the book.
This Grade 5 curriculum, "United States History," includes 8 units which cover:
- The Land and Early People (U.S. Geography, the Earliest Americans)
- Time of Encounters (Spanish conquerors, the European Settlement)
- The English Colonies (New England Colonies, Middle Atlantic Colonies)
- The American Revolution (French and Indian War, the Revolutionary War)
- A New Nation (the Constitution, National growth)
- Civil War Times (slavery and freedom, new industries)
- The Twentieth Century (the Great War, global conflict)
- The United States and the World (the United States today, the American economy)
The Homeschool Parent Guide CD-ROM replaces the standard teacher's edition, and includes daily lesson plans, teaching suggestions, answers to the student edition activities, and chapter test assessments.
The Activity Book provides one activity worksheet per lesson that reinforces the concepts and skills in the text. Newsprint-like pages are perforated and three-hole-punched.
The Activity Book Teacher's Edition provides the answers for the student activity book; full-size reproductions of the student pages have the correct answers overlaid in blue.
The Assessment Program book is based around informal, formal, performance, portfolio, and personal assessments. Chapter and unit tests are included as well as performance task assignments. An answer key is included with quarter-size student pages with overlaid answers.
The Harcourt Horizons Grade 5 Homeschool Kit with Parent Guide CD-ROM includes:
- Student Text, 682 pages, hardcover with index
- Student Activity Book, newsprint-like perforated pages, three-hole-punched, 179 pages, softcover
- Activity Book Teacher's Edition, newsprint-like perforated pages, three-hole-punched, 179 pages, softcover. Pages are classroom-reproducible.
- Assessment Program Book, 195 perforated pages, three-hole-punched, softcover
- Homeschool Parent Guide CD-ROM
Please Note: This product is only available for purchase by homeschools, consumers, and public institutions.
Vendor: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Grade 5 Social Studies PACEs 1049-1060, 4th EditionAccelerated Christian Education / Other$37.495 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
Monarch Grade 5 History & GeographyAlpha Omega Publications / Other, N/A$79.96 Retail:Video
$99.95Save 20% ($19.99)