Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Resource Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Zaner-Bloser Handwriting is a complete handwriting program that can be taught in as little as 15 minutes a day! The Zaner-Bloser style teaches a cursive alphabet that is made up of four basic strokes: the undercurve, downcurve, overcurve, and slant. This kit includes the student edition, practice masters, and teacher's edition.
The sixth grade cursive workbook focuses on manuscript and cursive maintenance. Engaging exercises include tracing and writing letters, joinings, words, sentences, and longer passages. Review and application exercises are included throughout with shape, size, spacing and slant emphasized as the keys to legibility. The last unit is "Using What You Have Learned" and emphasizes the importance of legibility (while noting how everyone's handwriting is unique!) and features exercises based in real-life.
Directional features include:
- Letter models with arrows to show stroke sequence
- Stop-and-check signs to remind students to self-evaluate their letters
- Space to practice writing directly beneath models (that both left-and right-handed students can easily see)
- "Better Letters" tip boxes
The easy-to-use teacher's edition features three-step lessons that follow a simple instructional plan of model, practice, and evaluate. This guide includes:
- Clearly stated objectives that guide instruction.
- Short, clear stroke descriptions that use academic language and give teachers the exact words to use when modeling.
- Instructions to model using skywriting with large muscle movements that reinforce the motor patterns for forming strokes and letters.
- References to Practice Masters (not included) that allow the teacher to match additional practice to students' needs.
- Multiple opportunities to differentiate instruction including ELL, gross & fine motor development activities, and multisensory activities for kinesthetic, auditory, and visual learners.
The practice masters provide students with additional practice for every letter and skill and offer school-to-home activities/letters to reinforce correct letter formation at home. This set of practice masters also includes manuscript maintenance activities along with additional handwriting support such as reproducibles of the Zaner-Bloser alphabets, award certificates, handwriting basics, and handwriting paper.
This Homeschool Kit includes:
- Student Edition, 80 perforated pages, indexed, softcover. Non-reproducible; consumable workbook. Approximately 9" x 11". Grade 6.
- Practice Masters
- Teacher Edition
Please note that this item is only available for purchase by Homeschools located in the USA and Canada.
Publication Date: 2012
Series: Zaner-Bloser Handwriting
Zaner-Bloser Handwriting Grade 3: Student, Teacher, & Practice Masters (Homeschool Bundle)Zaner-Bloser / 2012 / Trade Paperback$59.99 Retail:
$232.47Save 74% ($172.48)
Zaner-Bloser Spelling Connections Grade 3: Student & Teacher Editions (Homeschool Bundle)Zaner-Bloser / 2012 / Trade Paperback$79.99 Retail:
$142.48Save 44% ($62.49)
Critical and Creative Thinking Activities, Grade 3Evan-Moor Educational Publishers / Trade Paperback$14.99 Retail:
$21.99Save 32% ($7.00)
Daily 6-Trait Writing, Grade 3Evan-Moor Educational Publishers / Trade Paperback$20.99 Retail:
$29.99Save 30% ($9.00)