Add To Cart
Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Zaner-Bloser Handwriting is a complete handwriting program that can be taught in as little as 15 minutes a day! The Zaner-Bloser style teaches a cursive alphabet that is made up of four basic strokes: the undercurve, downcurve, overcurve, and slant. This kit includes the student edition, practice masters, and teacher's edition.
The third grade cursive workbook focuses on a review of manuscript writing and the transition to cursive. Colorful and engaging exercises include how to read cursive; tracing and writing individual letters, words, sentences, and numbers; and original writing exercises. Review and application exercises are included throughout. Students will think about shape, size, spacing and slant as the keys to legibility.
Directional features include:
- Letter models with arrows to show stroke sequence
- Green starting dots that show students where initial strokes begin on beginning models
- Stroke descriptions to guide letter formation at home
- Stop-and-check signs to remind students to self-evaluate their letters
- Space to practice writing directly beneath models (that both left-and right-handed students can easily see)
The easy-to-use teacher's edition features three-step lessons that follow a simple instructional plan of model, practice, and evaluate. This guide includes:
- Clearly stated objectives that guide instruction.
- Short, clear stroke descriptions that use academic language and give teachers the exact words to use when modeling.
- Instructions to model using skywriting with large muscle movements that reinforce the motor patterns for forming strokes and letters.
- References to Practice Masters (not included) that allow the teacher to match additional practice to students' needs.
- Multiple opportunities to differentiate instruction including ELL, gross & fine motor development activities, and multisensory activities for kinesthetic, auditory, and visual learners.
The practice masters provide students with additional practice for every letter and skill and offer school-to-home activities/letters to reinforce correct letter formation at home. This set of practice masters also includes manuscript maintenance activities along with additional handwriting support such as reproducibles of the Zaner-Bloser alphabets, award certificates, handwriting basics, and handwriting paper.
This Homeschool Kit includes:
- Student Edition, 160 perforated pages, indexed, softcover. Non-reproducible; consumable workbook. Approximately 9" x 11". Grade 3.
- Practice Masters
- Teacher Edition
Please note that this item is only available for purchase by Homeschools located in the USA and Canada.
Publication Date: 2012
Series: Zaner-Bloser Handwriting
Zaner-Bloser Spelling Connections Grade 3: Student & Teacher Editions (Homeschool Bundle)Zaner-Bloser / 2012 / Trade Paperback$79.99 Retail:
$142.48Save 44% ($62.49)
Critical and Creative Thinking Activities, Grade 3Evan-Moor Educational Publishers / Trade Paperback$14.99 Retail:
$21.99Save 32% ($7.00)
Daily 6-Trait Writing, Grade 3Evan-Moor Educational Publishers / Trade Paperback$21.99 Retail:Video
$29.99Save 27% ($8.00)
Zaner-Bloser GUM Grade 3: Student & Teacher Editions (Homeschool Bundle)Zaner-Bloser / 2012 / Trade Paperback$39.99 Retail:
$46.48Save 14% ($6.49)