- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Cyber Deals
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
Zaner-Bloser Handwriting is a complete handwriting program that can be taught in as little as 15 minutes a day! The Zaner-Bloser style teaches a vertical manuscript alphabet that is made up of only four simple strokes and is similar to the letter forms most widely used in everyday print. This kit includes the student edition, practice masters, and teacher's edition.
The second grade manuscript workbook focuses on the mastery of manuscript handwriting. Colorful and engaging exercises include tracing and writing individual letters, words, sentences, numbers, and some original writing; review and application exercises are included throughout. Students will think about shape, size, spacing and slant as the keys to legibility.
Directional features include:
- Letter models with arrows to show stroke sequence
- Green starting dots that show students where initial strokes begin on beginning models
- Stroke descriptions to guide letter formation at home
- Stop-and-check signs to remind students to self-evaluate their letters
- Space to practice writing directly beneath models (that both left-and right-handed students can easily see)
The easy-to-use teacher's edition features three-step lessons that follow a simple instructional plan of model, practice, and evaluate. This guide includes:
- Clearly stated objectives that guide instruction.
- Short, clear stroke descriptions that use academic language and give teachers the exact words to use when modeling.
- Instructions to model using skywriting with large muscle movements that reinforce the motor patterns for forming strokes and letters.
- References to Practice Masters (not included) that allow the teacher to match additional practice to students' needs.
- Multiple opportunities to differentiate instruction including ELL, gross & fine motor development activities, and multisensory activities for kinesthetic, auditory, and visual learners.
The practice masters provide students with additional practice for every letter and skill and offer school-to-home activities/letters to reinforce correct letter formation at home. This set of practice masters also includes manipulative and multisensory learning activities along with additional handwriting support such as reproducibles of the Zaner-Bloser alphabets, award certificates, handwriting basics, and handwriting paper.
This Homeschool Kit includes:
- Student Edition, 120 pages, indexed, softcover. Non-reproducible; consumable workbook. 11" x 9". Grade 2.
- Practice Masters
- Teacher Edition
Please note that this item is only available for purchase by Homeschools located in the USA and Canada.
Publication Date: 2012
Series: Zaner-Bloser Handwriting