Add To Cart
- All Products
- New Cyber Deals
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Buy in Bulk
Zaner-Bloser Handwriting is a complete handwriting program that can be taught in as little as 15 minutes a day! The Zaner-Bloser style teaches a vertical manuscript alphabet that is made up of only four simple strokes and is similar to the letter forms most widely used in everyday print. This kit includes the student edition, practice masters, and teacher's edition.
The second grade manuscript workbook focuses on the mastery of manuscript handwriting. Colorful and engaging exercises include tracing and writing individual letters, words, sentences, numbers, and some original writing; review and application exercises are included throughout. Students will think about shape, size, spacing and slant as the keys to legibility.
Directional features include:
- Letter models with arrows to show stroke sequence
- Green starting dots that show students where initial strokes begin on beginning models
- Stroke descriptions to guide letter formation at home
- Stop-and-check signs to remind students to self-evaluate their letters
- Space to practice writing directly beneath models (that both left-and right-handed students can easily see)
The easy-to-use teacher's edition features three-step lessons that follow a simple instructional plan of model, practice, and evaluate. This guide includes:
- Clearly stated objectives that guide instruction.
- Short, clear stroke descriptions that use academic language and give teachers the exact words to use when modeling.
- Instructions to model using skywriting with large muscle movements that reinforce the motor patterns for forming strokes and letters.
- References to Practice Masters (not included) that allow the teacher to match additional practice to students' needs.
- Multiple opportunities to differentiate instruction including ELL, gross & fine motor development activities, and multisensory activities for kinesthetic, auditory, and visual learners.
The practice masters provide students with additional practice for every letter and skill and offer school-to-home activities/letters to reinforce correct letter formation at home. This set of practice masters also includes manipulative and multisensory learning activities along with additional handwriting support such as reproducibles of the Zaner-Bloser alphabets, award certificates, handwriting basics, and handwriting paper.
This Homeschool Kit includes:
- Student Edition, 120 pages, indexed, softcover. Non-reproducible; consumable workbook. 11" x 9". Grade 2.
- Practice Masters
- Teacher Edition
This updated edition includes new authentic writing activities for applying handwriting skills to narrative, informative/explanatory, and opinion or argument writing tasks. In addition, "Handwriting Tutor" QR codes have been added; students can scan the QR codes with a mobile device to watch animated letter models and and how-to videos.
Please note that this item is only available for purchase by Homeschools located in the USA and Canada.
Publication Date: 2016
Series: Zaner-Bloser Handwriting
BJU Handwriting 2, Student Worktext Second Edition (Updated Copyright)BJU Press / 2009 / Trade Paperback$21.945 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
Manuscript Handwriting (2) Homework HelperCarson-Dellosa Publishing LLC / Trade Paperback$2.49 Retail:
$2.99Save 17% ($0.50)
Handwriting 2, Teacher's EditionBJU Press / 1998 / Trade Paperback$43.06
A Reason For Handwriting: Transition--Student Worktext, Grades 2-3Carol Ann Retzer, Eva HoshinoA Reason For / Trade Paperback$15.95 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 20 Reviews
$19.95Save 20% ($4.00)