Habakkuk & Zephaniah- Everyman's Bible Commentary - eBook
- Books of the Bible▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase only in certain countries.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Moody Publishers
Publication Date: 1985
Series: Everyman's Bible Commentary
Viewed against the backdrop of Assyrian supremacy, the Scythian invasion, and independent power struggles preceding the emergence of the neo-Babylonian empire, Habakkuk and Zephaniah are two of the most difficult books in the prophetic canon.Cyril J. Barber explores these two much-neglected portions of Scripture in an effort to explain the purpose of each. He examines first Habakkuk's teachings on injustice and suffering. Then he discusses Zephaniah's emphasis on the kingdom of God, noting God's plan regarding sin, judgment, and the salvation of His people. Detailed outlines and verse-by-verse commentary make this volume helpful to scholars and laymen alike who wish to discover the truths found in the minor prophets and to apply their age-old teachings to life in the twentieth century.
CYRIL J. BARBER has served as a visiting professor in Biblical Studies at Talbot Theological Seminary and a Counseling Associate with Insight for Living in Fullerton, California. Previously, Dr. Barber was Professor of Bibliography at the International School of Theology in Arrowhead Springs, California. Dr. Barber is author of numerous books, including Ruth: A Story of God¿s Grace, Introduction to Theological Research, Joshua: A Devotional Exposition, and The Faithfulness of God: Devotional Studies in I Chronicles. He lives in Hacienda Heights, California.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Commentaries >> Old Testament >> Habakkuk
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Commentaries >> Old Testament >> Zephaniah
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Commentaries >> Old Testament >> Habakkuk
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Commentaries >> Old Testament >> Zephaniah
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Commentaries >> Old Testament >> Habakkuk
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Commentaries >> Old Testament >> Zephaniah