Guide To Spiritual Warfare - eBook
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Whitaker House
Publication Date: 2001
of customers would recommend this product to a friend.
Page 1 of 1
AR ReidBaltimore, MDAge: 45-54Gender: Male2 Stars Out Of 5Heavily Edited VersionAugust 5, 2015AR ReidBaltimore, MDAge: 45-54Gender: MaleQuality: 4Value: 1Meets Expectations: 1Whitaker House has taken extreme liberty in editing this book. Written in small print inside the front cover it reads, "Editor's note: This book has been edited for the modern reader. Words, expressions, and sentence structure have been updated for clarity and readability." While the grammatical revisions do make the book's English flow a bit better, it is the massive omissions that, in effect, ruin this version's value.
Whitaker House seems to have disagreed with some of the doctrinal positions of the writers E.M. Bounds cites in support of his positions, therefore, they have chosen to omit those citations from their version of his book. For example, at the beginning of Bounds' first section, Whitaker House's editors chose to omit a lengthy quotation by the Puritan, Thomas Goodwin (this happens throughout the book). I have to wonder what else the editors omitted in order to make the book more accessible to the "modern reader." I suppose that is how Whitaker House attempted to copyright their version of Bound's book which is now in the public domain and was originally titled: "Satan: His Personality, Power, and Overthrow."
If the topic of Bound's book interests you, I suggest you forego this Whitaker House version and purchase the full version published by Jawbone Digital under the original title and sold here on CBD's website. Unfortunately, this discovery has made me apprehensive to trust any book published by Whitaker House. That is a shame, because it publishes very intriguing titles by several authors who may not otherwise receive the exposer they deserve.
I hope this review helps you with your decision to purchase E.M. Bounds' book. He was one of the first modern authors to alert the Church to the value and method of spiritual warfare. Almost all other books written on this topic can be viewed as a "footnote" to Bounds' work. And many authors (at least the ones who are not off in spiritual left field) are massively indebted to him for their understanding of the topic.
Victory Baptist Bible Inst5 Stars Out Of 5January 31, 2008Victory Baptist Bible InstE. M. Bounds effectively explained the nature as well as the need for spiritual warfare. His insight into Scripture is a highlight of the book. Practical ways for Christians to oppose the Adversary are given. I strongly recommend it.
Page 1 of 1
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Charismatic Interest >> Spiritual Warfare
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Charismatic Interest >> Spirituality
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Charismatic Interest >> Spiritual Warfare
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Charismatic Interest >> Spirituality
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Charismatic Interest >> Spiritual Warfare
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Charismatic Interest >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality