- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Buy in Bulk
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2019
In this four-session video Bible study (DVD/digital downloads sold separately), Chris Tomlin and Darren Whitehead share a fresh perspective from the worship practices of the ancient world to show what it really means to praise God. They explain that in the Jewish culture, something extraordinary happened when God's people gathered to worship him. It was more than just singingit was a declaration, a proclamation, and a time for the people to fully embody praise to God for who he is and what he has done.
In the book of Psalms, the writers used seven distinct words that are translated into English as praise. However, as Chris and Darren point out in this study, each of these Hebrew words actually represents a different aspect of what it means to truly worship God:
- Yadah: to revere or worship with extended hands
- Halal: to boast, celebrate, and be clamorously foolish
- Zamar: to celebrate in song and in music
- Towdah: to give thanksgiving for things not yet received
- Barak: to kneel before God and bless him
- Tehillah: to sing a spontaneous song to God
- Shabach: to commend, glory, and triumph
Holy Roar will provide insights and encouragement for group members to deepen their practice of praise and they learn about the deeper meanings of these words and put them into practice.
- The Shout of Praise
- The Posture of Praise
- The Music of Praise
- The Expectation of Praise
Designed for use with the Holy Roar Video Study (sold separately).
With 12 albums, 16 #1 radio singles, a Grammy Award, 21 Dove Awards, and two platinum and five gold albums to his credit, Chris Tomlin is among the most well-known and influential artists in music. His songs include "How Great Is Our God," "Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone)," "Our God," and most recently, "Good Good Father," to name a few. It is estimated that each week 2030 million people sing one of Tomlins songs in worship. He also cowrote the bestselling childrens book, Good Good Father. More than anything, Chris loves being a husband to Lauren and a daddy to Ashlyn and Madison.
Originally from Australia, Darren Whitehead founded Church of the City in Nashville, Tennessee, in 2013. Each weekend around 6,000 people worship at one of the five locations across the metro area. Darren holds both his masters and doctorate degrees in ministry, with his dissertation research focusing on Millennial engagement in the Western Church. He lives with his wife, Brandy, and their three daughters, Sydney, Scarlett, and Violet in Nashville, Tennessee.
Beth Graybill is a leadership consultant, team development advisor and free-lance writer. She works alongside aspiring and seasoned leaders, authors, creatives and teachers to develop creative content for teaching, filming, writing and leading. Her projects have included Propel Women, Anchored Press Planners, local church curriculum and consulting material. Beth, her husband Matt, and their two boys are based in Southern CA where her Matt is on staff at Saddleback Church. To learn more about her, follow her on social media @bethgraybill.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> DVD Studies >> Companion Study Guide >> Christian Living Guides >> Worship
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download >> eBooks
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides >> Worship
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides
- New Release >> Bible Studies & Curriculum
- New Release >> Books, eBooks & Audio
- New Release >> Download