Guide for the Perplexed - eBook
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Christian Classics Ethereal Library
Publication Date: 2010
In one of the greatest works of Jewish thought, Rabbi Maimonides explores the relationship between philosophical knowledge and the teachings of the Torah. He discusses the concept of God and explains how God should be described according to the Torah. Maimonides also spends a significant amount of time exploring the structure and characteristics of the universe. Here, it is important to note that Maimonides wrote in a time before the discoveries of science, so his Aristotelian worldview is framed by his philosophical and theological commitments. Maimonides also considers several mystic passages in the Torah in an attempt to challenge traditional Jewish accounts of these passages. His teachings are relevant to both Jewish and Christian communities and have influenced many writers since his time. In addition, this translation offers helpful background information regarding the life of Maimonides and his original Arabic text. -Emmalon Davis, CCEL Staff Writer
of customers would recommend this product to a friend.
Page 1 of 1
RichardManchester, TNAge: 55-65Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5Plesant surpriseFebruary 20, 2012RichardManchester, TNAge: 55-65Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I was very happy with this purchase. Easy to use and very informative. A Jewish scholar worth the time to read. Being from America I don't know as much about the Jewish faith as I should. For a Christian this is highly valued for the understanding of the Scriptures I have gained.
Page 1 of 1
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Philosophy >> Philosophy & Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spirituality Classics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spirituality Classics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Philosophy >> Philosophy & Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Philosophy >> Philosophy & Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality