- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
|Format: Word Document|
Vendor: Christianity Today
|Publication Date: 2009|
Series: Christian Living Bible Study
Refuting the theology of health and wealth.
The faith movement blossomed in the 1970s because of the flowering of the charismatic movement. Even charismatics, however, have accused faith teachers of spiritual abuses. What has caused controversy and created concern regarding the faith movement? Perhaps this movement has much to teach all Christians about health and wealth.
Table of Contents
SCRIPTURE: Matthew 8:5 13, 19:16 26; Mark 5:25 34, 10:46 52, 12:41 44; Luke 6:20 21, 12:22 34, 17:11 19;
2 Corinthians 12:7 10; 1 Timothy 6:3 10; 3 John 2
Why do many Christians feel having good health is something they have a right to expect?
What is the difference between living by faith and praying for material prosperity?
The leper in Luke 17:11 19: Does Jesus only heal people who will follow him? Why or why not?
Luke 12:22 34: Why should we pursue our material needs if God is taking care of us? Does having possessions reflect a lack of faith on our part? Why or why not?
Sample application questions:
How does God provide for our food, clothing, and shelter? According to Jesus words in Matthew 6:25 34, why should we not be anxious?
Why does God allow believers to suffer?
ARTICLE FROM CHRISTIANITY TODAY
The Faith That Claims, by James R. Goff Jr (1990)
You have permission to make up to 1,000 copies for use in your local church.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Biblical Subjects >> Tough Questions
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Health
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Biblical Subjects
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides