- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2009
Series: Pursuing Spiritual Transformation
John Ortberg is the senior pastor of Menlo Park Presbyterian Church (MPPC) in the San Francisco Bay Area. His bestselling books include Soul Keeping, Who Is This Man?, and If You Want to Walk on Water, Youve Got to Get out of the Boat. John teaches around the world at conferences and churches, writes articles for Christianity Today and Leadership Journal, and is on the board of the Dallas Willard Center and Fuller Seminary. He has preached sermons on Abraham Lincoln, The LEGO Movie, and The Gospel According to Les Miserables. John and his wife Nancy enjoy spending time with their three adult children, dog Baxter, and surfing the Pacific. You can follow John on twitter @johnortberg or check out the latest news/blogs on his website at www.johnortberg.com.
Judson Poling is coauthor of the Walking with God series and general editor of The Journey: A Study Bible for Spiritual Seekers.
jgertenAge: 25-34Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5July 15, 2011jgertenAge: 25-34Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 3The book is great. The ebook...not so much. I ended up ordering the physical copy because it is built like a study guide. It is helpful to have the physical to do the Bible study portions. It is a great book though. We are using it for our Sr. High Discipleship Program this August!
The Assembly At Broken Arrow5 Stars Out Of 5December 9, 2009The Assembly At Broken ArrowThis is an amazing book. I expected a short read with insightful strategies. What I got was a life manual that needs to be reread, dogeared, highlighted, and wept over. This is spiritual transformation in its written form.
Ruth5 Stars Out Of 5June 17, 2008RuthThis book is great for those of us who have been trying to live the Christian life without being trained. Even though the Christian life is impossible apart from Christ, this book gives us a handle on what to do on the practical level that cooperates with the work the Holy Spirit does in us.
Mark Rockwood3 Stars Out Of 5October 4, 2007Mark RockwoodJust started this study with a college and career aged group, and have enjoyed it. It cause each one to personally be responsible for their spiritual transformation; daily.In the group setting it allows each one to share their triumphs and failures, and have the support to keep pressing on for the upward call of Christ
Dan Johnson5 Stars Out Of 5April 11, 2002Dan JohnsonAs a pastor, this book and the other guides in the series have been great for helping our church to grow spiritually. This guide is very focused on the practical application of scripture to life. Also gives a variety of spiritual exercises to try.
Find Related Products▼▲
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download >> eBooks
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Discipleship & Growth
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Prayer
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Spiritual Disciplines
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources
- eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides >> Discipleship & Growth
- eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides >> Prayer
- eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides >> Spiritual Disciplines
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides