This book is based on the best-selling Ten Basic Steps Toward Christian Maturity
, the foundational discipleship material used by Campus Crusade for Christ for more than four decades. Use as a quarterly topical study or the series as a 52-lesson discipleship curriculum. Lessons contain guided discussion and questions, games for verse memorization, reproducible sheets for in-class or follow-up activities, application activities, and weekly assignment to build discipleship principles into students' lives. No student workbook needed! Growing in God's Word
gives students a foundation in how the Bible is arranged and how the Old and New Testament are God's plan for humanity. Also includes practical applications for using God's Word daily.
These lessons are just what you need to give preteens a secure foundation in the Christian life. The dynamic activities will engage your students so thoroughly that they will learn while having fun. This third book in the Children's Discipleship eries,Growing in God's Word, is designed to introduce children to the Bible and the story of Jesus. Your students will apply practical steps on:
- How the story of Jesus is illustrated in the Old Testament
- How God has planned for human salvation from creation to the return of Jesus, the King
- How the patriarchs,judges, prophets, apostles, and early church fit into the span of history
- How students can use the Bible to help them live above their circumstances
- How we can be sure the Bible is the inspired Word of God
- How preteens can develop a Bible study plan for their daily lives
Recommended for ages 9 to 12.