Add To Cart
Add To Cart
Help your teens and young adults keep their roots as they spread their wings! In Growing With, Kara Powell and Steven Argue assist you in accepting the children you have; working toward solutions to problems; developing empathy that nudges youth along; diving into mutual discussions; connecting them with a strong faith and church; and unleashing their passions and talents.
|Title: Growing With: Every Parent's Guide to Helping Teenagers and Young Adults Thrive in Their Faith, Family, and Future|
By: Kara Powell, Steven Argue
Number of Pages: 295
Vendor: Baker Books
Publication Date: 2019
|Dimensions: 8.50 X 5.50 (inches)|
Weight: 16 ounces
Stock No: WW019260
Based on brand-new research and interviews with remarkable families, Growing With equips parents to take steps toward their teenagers and young adults in a mutual journey of intentional growth that trusts God to transform them all. By highlighting three groundbreaking family strategies, authors Kara Powell and Steven Argue show parents that it's never too early or too late to
- accept the child you have, not the child you wish you had
- work toward solutions rather than only identifying problems
- develop empathy that nudges rather than judges
- fight for your child, not against them
- connect your children with a faith and church big enough to handle their doubts and struggles
- dive into tough discussions about dating, career, and finances
- and unleash your child's passions and talents to change our world
For any parent who longs for their kids to keep their roots even as they spread their wings, Growing With offers practical help and hope for the days--and years--ahead.
Steven Argue is associate professor of youth, family, and culture at Fuller Theological Seminary and applied research strategist at the Fuller Youth Institute. He also serves on the board for the Association of Youth Ministry Educators. Steve researches, speaks, and writes regularly on topics surrounding adolescence, emerging adulthood, faith, and spiritual struggle. He and his wife, Jen, love being the parents of three emerging adult daughters.