- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Barbour Publishing
Publication Date: 2011
He vied for the Heisman and the national championship, then earned a third-round NFL draft spot. Now, Colt McCoy offers an up-close and personal view of his life, covering football, family, and faith. Growing Up Colt—A Father, a Son, a Life in Football is a unique biography by both the Cleveland Browns quarterback and his father, Brad, a highly-respected football coach in his native Texas. Describing the formative events of Colt’s football experience alongside the foundational principles of his family and faith life, Growing Up Colt promises an inspiring read for football fans of all ages. And they’ll love the full-color photo section!
Colt McCoy, a third-round draft pick of the Cleveland Browns, quarterbacked his University of Texas team to the 2010 BCS national championship game. The 2008 Heisman trophy runner-up, McCoy is a member of the Church of Christ, has been involved in domestic and foreign ministries, and married in the summer of 2010.
Mike Yorkey, a former Focus on the Family magazine editor and author, co-author, or editor of more nearly 90 books, has written about sports for a variety of national publications. Mike is author of several other titles in the Playing with Purpose series and co-author of the internationally bestselling Every Man’s Battle books. He and his wife, Nicole, are parents of two adult children, and live in Encinitas, California.
ThelmaLou5 Stars Out Of 5Christmas GiftDecember 30, 2014ThelmaLouQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I bought this for our son for Christmas. He has not read it yet but was excited to receive it and is looking forward to reading it.
ShortyTexasAge: Over 65Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5This book promotes good values.November 5, 2012ShortyTexasAge: Over 65Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I was impressed with how the story of the father and son was told. The book would be one that families could read together and enjoy.
DeanoYork PAAge: 45-54Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5September 14, 2012DeanoYork PAAge: 45-54Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I think this book should be read by every teen boy, it shows what hard work and dedication can do in your life. Many of today's celebrities and sports figures are not positive role models, but Colt shows how faith in God and his Christian upbringing helped him to achieve great things , and at the same time kept him humble and grounded. Parents and children should read this book together to learn that you really can raise your children the way God wants in our modern world.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Family
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Biography >> Athlete Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Men's Issues >> Family >> Fatherhood
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Men's Issues >> Relationships >> Sports
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Relationships
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biography >> Athlete Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Men's Issues
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Relationships
- Download >> eBooks >> Biography >> Athlete Biography
- Download >> eBooks >> Family
- Download >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Men's Issues
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Relationships