- All Products
- Biblical Studies× (1,928)
- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2009
Series: Great Lives
A Man of Colossal Faith in the Face of Overwhelming Tragedy
Job, a study in pathetic tragedy . . . a hapless victim of unfair treatment. His disastrous circumstances overwhelmed him. His boil-covered body tormented him. His so-called friends belittled him. His distraught wife discouraged him. Even God seemed to desert him?letting Satan have his devilish way. And Job sat patiently by, enduring it all. Not a portrait of a hero. Or is it?
Could a man with ordinary internal fortitude stay faithful as Job did? Could a wimp endure the excruciating pain, suffering, and loss that this man did? No hero? Think again.
After a year of focused research into the life of Job, Charles Swindoll says, "Job appears boldly in the ancient book of the Bible that bears his name, and yet most of us have not taken the time to examine his life in depth. But a careful study of Job's life will convince us that this is another of God's amazing men with heroic character qualities worth emulating."
Travel with Swindoll into the world of Job: A Man of Heroic Endurance. "Even if it was written in Scripture long ago, you can be sure it's written for us." So pay close attention to Job's life. Who knows what God will do next in your life?
Charles R. Swindoll has devoted his life to the clear, practical teaching and application of God's Word. He currently pastors Stonebriar Community Church in Frisco, Texas, and serves as the chancellor of Dallas Theological Seminary. His renowned Insight for Living radio program airs around the world. Chuck and Cynthia, his partner in life and ministry, have four grown children and ten grandchildren.
ConramBath Springs, TNAge: Over 65Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5Swindoll writes as he talks....great!July 5, 2013ConramBath Springs, TNAge: Over 65Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 4Meets Expectations: 5Swindoll breaks the book of Job down to where anyone can understand it!
WillRapid City, SDAge: Over 65Gender: male4 Stars Out Of 5June 16, 2011WillRapid City, SDAge: Over 65Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 3Meets Expectations: 4Excellent book on a very tough subject - suffering
Kay Hoffner5 Stars Out Of 5January 6, 2010Kay HoffnerAnything written by Chuck Swindol is great. However this is with such great detail and with great love that there is no way to put this book down. He portrays Job just as if Chuck were there before Job himself. With such a great ability to go into detail and insight to show and teach us the reality of what Job had to go through, and how this can be valued in our lives this day. A definite great read. !
Sharon Johnson5 Stars Out Of 5December 1, 2008Sharon JohnsonI've had trouble understanding Job in the Bible when reading it...Dr. Swindoll details all about Job in this book. What's great is how he applies Job's life to our very modern lives.
Terry Schwegler5 Stars Out Of 5September 18, 2007Terry SchweglerI have many books on JOB but this one tops them all for explaining the reasons behind Job's suffering and how to handle such in your own life. It is very good and should be in everyones library.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges >> Pain & Suffering
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Lessons from Biblical Figures
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Lessons from Scripture
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Biography >> Historical Figures
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biblical Studies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biography >> Historical Figures
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction
- Download >> eBooks >> Biblical Studies
- Download >> eBooks >> Biography >> Historical Figures
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction