- Philosophical Branches▼▲
- Philosophical Schools▼▲
- Philosophical Subjects▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Joe Books Inc.
Publication Date: 2014
A classic work of Victorian literature, Great Expectations is a coming of age story by Charles Dickens. The narrator, Pip, is an orphan sent to London to become a gentlemen, courtesy of a mysterious benefactor. Rather than having all he previously desired, however, he remains fixated on his childhood playmate, Estella, the adopted daughter an eccentric wealthy woman named Miss Havisham. This timeless story of star-crossed love and moral ambiguity has captivated readers for over a hundred years, and continues to endure as a timeless tale by a master of English literature.
Arguably one of the greatest writers of the Victorian era, Charles Dickens is the author of such literary masterpieces as A Tale of Two Cities (1859), A Christmas Carol (1843), David Copperfield (1850), and The Adventures of Oliver Twist (1839), among many others. Dickens's indelible characters and timeless stories continue to resonate with readers around the world more than 130 years after his death. Dickens was born in 1812 and died in 1870.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Fiction >> Classic Fiction >> British
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Fiction >> Literature >> British
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Fiction >> Classic Fiction
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Language Arts
- Download >> Homeschool >> Language Arts
- Download >> eBooks >> Fiction >> Classic Fiction
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Language Arts
- Homeschool >> Subjects >> Language Arts >> Literature
- Homeschool >> Type >> Download