Add To Cart
Mosdos Press Grade 6 (Pearl) Literature/Reading Curriculum Homeschool Bundle
Mosdos Press Literature Curriculum features an anthology of excellent classic and contemporary fiction, nonfiction, poetry, drama, novellas, and novel selections that are intellectually challenging and morally framed. Thoughtfully exploring positive ideals, this series teaches core language arts skills through engaging stories that foster value-based thinking.
The Grade 6 Pearl Level gives students more complex texts to read, analyze, and understand in deeper ways, thus strengthening their knowledge and comprehension skills.
The Pearl Textbook features six units that explore elements of literature such recognizing the plot, defining character, exploring setting, enjoying poetry, and other concepts alongside thematically-grouped selections that demonstrate the theme. Selections are introduced with "blueprint for reading" notes; post-reading "Studying the Selection" questions include a quick review, focus questions, and creating and writing questions. Poetry and plays are also integrated throughout.
This Pearl Student Activity Workbook includes workbook pages that correspond to each section taught in the Pearl Textbook. Units include a combination of exercises:
- Vocabulary Exercise 1, which allows students to apply new words immediately
- Vocabulary Exercise 2, which focuses on synonyms and antonyms, identifying parts of speech, word categorization, and word comparisons
- A "More about the Story" writing activity
- A "mini original" original fiction/non-fiction story that mimics one element of the selection; it is followed by questions that either test comprehension or the literary element
- A graphic organizer that emphasizes the main idea and important language arts skill, and gives students the chance to think about their reading visually.
The Pearl Teacher's Edition features reduced-size student pages with teacher lessons and notes in the surrounding margins. Lessons background information on the selection, a summary of the plot, information on the sidebar segments in the text, "Guiding the Reading" questions that include both literal and analytical questions, and notes on literary components that appear throughout the selection. Answers are also provided for the "Studying the Selection" questions from the text. Answers to the Student Activity Workbook are also provided in the back of the book.
This Grade 6 kit includes:
- Pearl Text, 736 pages, hardcover
- Pearl Student Activity Workbook, 177 pages, softcover, consumable
- Pearl Teacher's Edition, Part I & II, spiralbound softcovers, 736 pages in total
This Product Contains The Following Items▼▲
|Mosdos Press Literature/Reading Grade 6 (Pearl) Student Edition|
|Mosdos Press Grade 6 (Pearl) Literature/Reading Curriculum Student Workbook||Available|
|Mosdos Press Literature/Reading Grade 6 (Pearl) Teacher's Edition|
|Title: Mosdos Press Grade 6 (Pearl) Literature/Reading Curriculum Homeschool Bundle|
Vendor: Mosdos Press
|Weight: 11 pounds 10 ounces|
Stock No: WW673105
The Lion's Song, Volume 1, New Edition: Following Narnia--Teacher/Student ComboLaura BettisInstitute For Excellence In Writing / 2016 / Spiral Bound$49.00
Grade 6 Literature and Creative Writing Resource BooksAccelerated Christian Education / Trade Paperback$42.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 3 Reviews
$46.99Save 9% ($4.00)
6th Grade Literature Lesson PlansMemoria Press / 2015 / Other$7.05 Retail:
$9.00Save 22% ($1.95)