Add To Cart
Mosdos Press Grade 3 (Opal) Literature/Reading Curriculum Homeschool Bundle
Mosdos Press Literature Curriculum features an anthology of excellent classic and contemporary fiction, nonfiction, poetry, drama, novellas, and novel selections that are intellectually challenging and morally framed. Thoughtfully exploring positive ideals, this series teaches core language arts skills through engaging stories that foster value-based thinking.
The Grade 3 Opal Level teaches important reading, writing, and comprehension skills through the reading of contemporary and classic selections of all genres.
The Opal Textbook features six units that explore elements of literature such as "what is plot?" and "what is setting?" alongside selections that demonstrate the theme. An introductory segment provides "think about it" pre-reading questions; sidebars feature definitions of unfamiliar words; "blueprint for reading" notes introduce the literary element; and post-reading "Studying the Selection" questions include a quick review, focus questions, and creating and writing questions. Poetry segments are also integrated throughout.
The Opal Student Activity Workbook includes workbook pages that correspond to each section taught in the Gold Text. Each unit includes:
- Vocabulary Exercise 1, which allows students to apply new words immediately
- Vocabulary Exercise 2, which focuses on synonyms and antonyms, identifying parts of speech, word categorization, and word comparisons
- A "More about the Story" creative writing activity
- A Language Arts Activity page that offers practice with the language arts skill focused on in the selection (e.g. narrative elements, point of view, figurative language, making predictions, etc.)
- A graphic organizer activity that often emphasizes the main idea and language arts skill; it also gives students the chance to think about their reading visually.
The Opal Teacher's Edition includes a scope and sequence plus reduced-size student pages with teacher lessons and notes in the surrounding margins. Lessons include a summary of the plot, discussion notes, notes on the literary components in the text, and guided reading questions that include literal and analytical questions. Answers are also provided for the "Studying the Selection" questions from the text. Answers to the Student Activity Workbook are also provided in the back of the book.
This Grade 3 kit includes:
- Opal Texts, 2 hardcovers, 340+ pages
- Opal Student Activity Workbook, 180 pages, softcover, consumable
- Opal Teacher's Edition, Part I & II, 615 pages, spiralbound softcovers
This Product Contains The Following Items▼▲
|Mosdos Press Literature/Reading Grade 3 (Opal) Student Text (2 Volumes)|
|Mosdos Press Grade 3 (Opal) Literature/Reading Curriculum Student Workbook||Available|
|Mosdos Press Literature/Reading Opal (Grade 3) Teacher's Edition (2 Volumes)|
|Title: Mosdos Press Grade 3 (Opal) Literature/Reading Curriculum Homeschool Bundle|
Vendor: Mosdos Press
|Weight: 10 pounds 10 ounces|
Stock No: WW673101
Practice, Assess, Diagnose: 180 Days of Reading for Third GradeChristine DuganShell Education / Other$15.74 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$22.99Save 32% ($7.25)
Abeka Reading Answer Key--Grade 3Abeka / Trade Paperback$15.85
Learn-at-Home Reading Bundle, Grade 3Shell Education / 2017 / Other$29.49 Retail:
$52.96Save 44% ($23.47)
Brain Quest Grade 3 Reading, Revised 2nd EditionWorkman Publishing / Other$10.76 Retail:
$11.95Save 10% ($1.19)