This six-part course for parishes and Lent groups is based on Pope Francis much acclaimed recent reflections on mission and evangelism, published as Evangelii Gaudium (The Joy of the Gospel).
Widely recognised as offering wisdom and vision for all Christians in a culture that is often hostile to the church, Evangelii Gaudium offers a positive and realistic approach to sharing faith in the modern world. Paula Gooder introduces its key themes to readers in all denominations and challenges them to consider its application in their own contexts.
The course includes:
Preface: Why Study Evangelii Gaudium?
1. The Joy of the Gospel
2. The Churchs Missionary Transformation
3. Amid the Crisis of Communal Commitment
4. The Proclamation of the Gospel
5. The Social Dimension of Evangelization
6. Spirit-filled Evangelizers