Add To Cart
Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- Books of the Bible▼▲
- 1 Samuel
- 2 Samuel
- 1 Kings
- 2 Kings
- 1 Chronicles
- 2 Chronicles
- Song of Solomon
- 1 Corinthians
- 1 Peter
- 2 Peter
- 1 John
- Old Testament
- New Testament
- Entire Bible
- Grade Level▼▲
- Group or Individual Study▼▲
- Number of Lessons▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 253
Vendor: Harvest House Publishers
Publication Date: 2006
|Dimensions: 8.00 X 5.25 (inches)|
Popular teacher and speaker Kay Arthur has developed a study specifically for those who are unfamiliar with the Bible. It introduces readers not only to God's Word but to the God of the Word.
In this exciting study, Kay Arthur takes readers by the hand, gently leading them through the Gospel of John and introducing the inductive method of study. Readers will come away with solid, tested Bible study methods and an understanding of who God is and how to know Him better.
God, Are You There? is a life-changing adventure into a beloved gospel. It's easy to use—a "quick-start" program for anyone new to the truths of God's Word or for a group needing just the right number of lessons.
Kay Arthur is a four-time Gold Medallion award-winning author, member of NRB Hall of Fame, and beloved international Bible teacher. She and her husband, Jack, cofounded Precept Ministries International to teach people how to discover truth through inductive study. Precept provides teaching and training through study books, TV and radio programs, the Internet, and conferences in over 180 countries and 70 languages.
The book is divided into thirteen weeks of five daily studies from this wonderful gospel. It is designed as an inductive study to give the reader the opportunity to ask the "Who," "What," "When," "Where," and "How" of each chapter in John, and how the parts relate to each other. The author urges the use of symbols and/or colored pencils to mark words and their synonyms. It takes time to read the passages, mark them appropriately and answer the questions for each day's reading. The entire book of John is printed in the appendix as an "Observation Worksheet," making it easy for the student to stay on course; no need to have a separate Bible in hand.
A leader's guide is also located in the appendix, which is helpful in making this a group effort as well, although the aforementioned setup is perfect for individual study.
Completing this study will be an incentive to research the other 19 books in the "New Inductive Study Series" listed on the very last page, all meant to instill how to discover truth for yourself. Sharon I. Rideout, Christian Book Previews.com
Cheryl Bousley4 Stars Out Of 5July 15, 2009Cheryl BousleyKay Arthur's book is an excellent study - for new Christian's who are seeking, or those that want to gain more understanding of the bible.
Find Related Products▼▲
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Biblical Subjects >> Knowing God
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Studies by Books of the Bible
- Books >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Biblical Subjects >> Knowing God
- Books >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Books >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Knowing God
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Biblical Subjects
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Studies by Books of the Bible
- Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Knowing God
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Biblical Subjects
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Studies by Books of the Bible