Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Resource Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 300
Vendor: Discovery Institute
Publication Date: 2010
|Dimensions: 5.98 X 9.01 X 0.86 (inches)|
The Evolution Crisis: Five Evolutionists Think AgainJohn Ritchie Ltd / 2008 / Trade Paperback$3.49 Retail:
$3.99Save 13% ($0.50)
What does it mean to say that God "used evolution" to create the world? Is Darwin's theory of evolution compatible with belief in God? And even if Darwin's theory could be reconciled with religious belief, do we need to do so? Is the theory well established scientifically? Is it true?
In the century and a half since Charles Darwin first proposed his theory of evolution, Christians, Jews, and other religious believers have grappled with how to make sense of it. Most have understood that Darwin's theory has profound theological implications, but their responses have varied dramatically.
Some religious believers have rejected it outright; others, often called "theistic evolutionists," have sought to reconcile Darwin's theory with their religious beliefs, but often at the cost of clarity, orthodoxy, or both. Too few have carefully teased out the various scientific, philosophical, and theological claims at stake, and separated the chaff from the wheat. As a result, the whole subject of God and evolution has been an enigma wrapped in a shroud of fuzz and surrounded by blanket of fog.
The purpose of this anthology of essays is to clear away the fog, the fuzz, and the enigma. Contributing authors to the volume include Jay Richards, co-author of "The Privileged Planet: How Our Place in the Cosmos Is Designed for Discovery"; Stephen Meyer, author of "Signature in the Cell: DNA and the Evidence for Intelligent Design"; William Dembski, author of "The Design Revolution; "Jonathan Witt, co-author of A" Meaningful World: How the Arts and Sciences Reveal the Genius of Nature"; Denyse O'Leary, author of "By Design, or by Chance?"; and David Klinghoffer, author of "Shattered Tablets."
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> Origins of Man/Life >> Creation Science
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> Origins of Man/Life >> Intelligent Design
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> Origins of Man/Life >> Origin of Life
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics >> Politics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Science >> Darwin Evolution & Christian Faith
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Science >> Intelligent Design
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Science
- Homeschool >> Subjects >> Science >> Science Subjects >> Creation