Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: WestBow Press
Publication Date: 2012
In response to the myriad of complexly interconnected health and socioeconomic problems that wreak their worst destruction in the worlds poorest communities, an equally complex developmental-aid industry powered by the West has arisen. While appearing enormously beneficial in intent, expertise, and finances, it often perpetuates dependence and yields mediocre long-term results, due to its massive systemic, impersonal, autocratic, self-enhancing, and shallow programmatic nature.
The most indispensable resources for catalyzing transformative development among impoverished communities lies within their own borders, where God has sown infinite prosperity in less-visible forms. Home-Grown Glory conveys the spirit of discerning and building upon such treasure, using prose-poetic stories that depict:
- Gods heart for liberation of the impoverished into freedom and prosperity.
- Limited impact of global best practices often used with HIV-related developmental aid.
- The power of reaching and inspiring individual and collective hearts with love, hope, and creative dreaming.
- Hidden wealth and opportunity amid the overwhelming tragedy of poor communities.
- Gods creative and unpredictable means of sparking transformational development in a shanty town community.
- The call of the church toward unity, humility, and honor in its developmental aid practices,
rather than reinforcing damaging power dynamics and further division.
As eyes and minds of rich and poor are opened to such potential, the latter will lead the way toward unprecedented and unimaginable change, as together they experience heaven on earth in the most unlikely of places.
Find Related Products▼▲
- Download >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics
- Download >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> Current Events
- Non-Fiction >> Current Events >> Current Issues
- Non-Fiction >> Current Events >> Medical Ethics
- eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics >> Medical Ethics
- eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> Current Events