- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Chalice Press
Publication Date: 2001
For most ministers, pastoral counseling is a part of daily ministry, whether it is in an office counseling session or in a chance meeting with a parishioner outside the church. Whatever the setting, ministers are often called on to provide counsel and, by virtue of their calling and training, are expected to do so.
This "how-to" guide for seminary students and ministers explores the role of the minister as counselor and provides a method for giving counsel. Renowned pastoral care expert Donald Capps equips readers with basic knowledge and skills and helps them to create a framework to ensure that all conversations where counsel is given will be valuable and not harmful to the person involved. Using a "problem-resolving" approach, Capps leads readers through:
-- How to Create a Listening Environment
-- How to Construct a Conversation
-- How to Think Systemically
-- How to Interpret Stories
-- How to Manage Boundaries
Giving Counsel is the perfect resource for seminary students and ministers of all faiths, whether you are beginning your study or looking for a single resource to serve your ministry.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Pastoral Resources
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry