- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Harvest House Publishers
|Publication Date: 2015|
If you are a child of God, do you know one of the most important things you can do is read your Bible? That’s how you spend time with God and learn more about Him.
And there are more reasons you want to get to know your Bible—it shows you how to live God’s way. The Bible can help you…
- know how to find good friends
- get along better with your parents and family
- make right choices instead of wrong ones
- learn how to use your time well
- grow and become a stronger Christian
The Bible is God’s message especially for you. Take your first steps now to discovering just how much He loves and cares for you!
DiscipleMom LauraTXAge: 35-44Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5Excellent for Teaching Girls to Study the BibleFebruary 22, 2015DiscipleMom LauraTXAge: 35-44Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5In A Girl's Guide to Discovering Her Bible, author Elizabeth George provides moms and small group leaders with the perfect resource for teaching girls to study the Bible and helping them discover the riches of His Word. And it's perfect for girls to read and work through on their own.
I highly recommend this book because it's a great format for a girl on her own, for a mom and daughter to work through together, or for a small group study. George shows girls the importance of Bible study and helps them begin to develop healthy Bible study habits.
One of the best things about this book is that it leads girls, step-by-step through a study of the Proverbs 31 woman, a biblical role model, and other significant passages. In doing so, George helps girls learn to ask questions of the biblical text, investigating what it meant to the original audience and how we can apply those principles today. She leads girls through that application process and teaches them how to pray through the Scriptures they're studying. It's just an amazing resource!
If I had to pick one book to help my daughter learn to study the Bible for herself, this would probably be it. In fact, it's one I plan to buy two copies of and begin working through with my daughter. If I find myself in need of some materials for a girls' small group, this will probably be my first choice. You just can't go wrong with a resource that teaches girls how to study the Bible for themselves--in a way they can understand and replicate on their own.
* Note: I received a copy of the book from NetGalley for this review. However, the opinions expressed are my own
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Bible Reference
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Bible Reference
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Christian Living
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Bible Reference
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Children >> Bible Reference
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Children >> Christian Living
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Reference
- Download >> eBooks >> Children >> Bible Reference
- Download >> eBooks >> Children >> Christian Living
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Bible Reference
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Christian Living