The Gift: The Holy Spirit in Catholic Tradition - eBook
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
Find out how the Holy Spirit surrounds, upholds, and inspires the Church. This lively examination of God's activity in the world and in us looks at the Holy Scriptures, Church teaching, and tradition to answer some essential questions:
- How do Catholics understand and relate to the Holy Spirit?
- How has this understanding and devotion to the Holy Spirit developed in Catholic tradition?
- How is the Holy Spirit at work in the world and in the Catholic Church today?
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Paraclete Press
Publication Date: 2013
Who is the Holy Spirit? What role does the Spirit play in the life of the Church and of the individual Christian? Beginning with the belief in the Holy Spirit as a Person of God, and not just a force, this book reveals the Catholic understanding of the presence and influence of the Spirit God in every aspect of the Christian life. The book focuses on the unique aspects and development of Catholic devotion to the Holy Spirit from antiquity to the present, culminating in a look at Catholic theology of the Holy Spirit today and the new and exciting ways the Spirit is working among Catholics and all Christians in the 20th and 21st centuries.
Dr. Alan Schreck is a professor of theology at Franciscan University of Steubenville, specializing in Catholic doctrine, Church history, and the teachings of Vatican II. He is the author of several books including Catholic and Christian: An Explanation of Commonly Misunderstood Catholic Beliefs and Your Life in the Holy Spirit. He and his wife Nancy have raised five adult children and reside in Steubenville.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions >> Catholic Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Catholic >> Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Catholic >> Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions
- Download >> eBooks >> Catholic