Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 192
Vendor: Cistercian Publications Inc
Publication Date: 1991
|Dimensions: 8.50 X 5.50 X 0.44 (inches)|
Series: Cistercian Fathers
Placed in the monastery of Helfa, in Upper Saxony, at the age of five, Gertrud began having Visions and writing at twenty-five.
Book 1, written by a nun of Helfta, reveals the personality and virtues of Gertrud. Avoiding hagiographical commonplaces, the writer reveals both the strengths and the shortcomings of her very human and very committed heroine.
Book 2, contains Gertrud's own account of her spiritual experiences.
Alexandra Barratt is professor emeritus at the University of Waikato in New Zealand. She studied at the Universities of Cambridge and Toronto and has published extensively on religious writing by medieval women in Latin and English. She has previously translated Books One and Two (CF035) and Book Three (CF063) of The Herald for the Cistercian Fathers series.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Church History >> Movements & Traditions >> Catholicism
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Church History >> Movements & Traditions >> Monasticism
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Catholic >> Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Catholic >> Church History
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Biography >> Catholic