- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2004
Gain the knowledge you need to maneuver any dining situation - from a casual meal of fried chicken at mom's house to a seven-course dinner at the finest restaurant in the world.
A Gentleman at the Table will give any man the knowledge he needs to maneuver any dining situation - from a casual meal of fried chicken at his mom's house to a seven-course dinner at the finest restaurant in the world. It includes. . .
- How to set a table
- How to pronounce more than 100 unusual food names
- How to use obscure eating utensils
- How to perform the Heimlich maneuver
- How to eat more than 25 foods that are challenging to eat gracefully such as lobster, snails, fried chicken, and pasta.
In a society where more and more people eat with plastic forks and spoons at fast food restaurants, it is still important that a man know proper dining etiquette. There are still situations where not knowing what a finger bowl is or not knowing how to pronounce an item on a menu can have an effect on what others think of you. Showing he has little working knowledge of table manners at a lunch meeting or on a job interview over dinner may have an important impact on a man's life.
Like all the books in the GentleManners series, A Gentleman at the Table is easy to use, non-threatening, and an entertaining read.
John Bridges, author of How to Be a Gentleman, is also the coauthor, with Bryan Curtis, of seven other volumes in the best-selling GentleManners series. He is a frequent guest on television and radio news programs, always championing gentlemanly behavior in modern society. Bridges has appeared on the Today Show, the Discovery Channel, and CBS Sunday Morning, and has been profiled in People magazine and the New York Times.
Bryan Curtis is an author and the president of Dance Floor Books. He is the author/coauthor and editor of more than 25 books, including My South, My Southern Food, Classic Wisdom for the Good Life, Classic Wisdom for the Professional Life, and the popular GentleManners series.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Men's Issues >> Personal Life >> Self-Improvement
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Men's Issues >> Relationships
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Relationships >> Dating
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Men's Issues
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Relationships
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Men's Issues
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Relationships