- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: WestBow Press
Publication Date: 2014
No two readers can understand a passage in Scripture in the same way, because reading the Bible is a voyage of self-discovery. What do these authors say about themselves? What does my understanding of their stories say about me?
Readers cannot hide from Scripture behind literary theories, cultural hypotheses, or any other form of make-believe. We are all created to be aware of God in his creation and his creation in ourselves. Only by looking outward can we see inward. That’s why our first parents lost themselves in a labyrinth of shattered images when they sought their “real selves” in ground-molded bodies.
Of course, it did not help that their quest for inner discovery began with attempted suicide…
Author: David Foley
Located in: Tarboro, NC
Submitted: February 22, 2015
Tell us a little about yourself. Born and raised in Princeton NJ. Retired to Tarboro NC in 2012. With my wife Janet, dog Kobe, and our senior cat Oreo.
What was your motivation behind this project? I always enjoyed solving puzzles. I was always impressed how perfectly constructed the book of Genesis was. Not long ago, I read a commentary on the first five chapters, never mind by whom, and it seemed the author was writing about a completely different book of Genesis.
What do you hope folks will gain from this project? I hope my readers will be encouraged to explore Genesis and discover it for themselves.
How were you personally impacted by working on this project? The more I saw how all the narrative units fit together the more connections I found.
Who are your influences, sources of inspiration or favorite authors / artists? Saint Augustine, Martin Luther, William Faulkner, James Joyce, G.K. Chesterston, Alexander Dumas, John Connolly, John Jennings, Edison Marshal, Cormack McCarthy, James Lee Burke, Sax Rohmer, Edgar Wallace, Washington Irving, Wilkie Collins, David McCullough, Inglis Fletcher
Anything else you'd like readers / listeners to know: Please read my book and tell me what you think.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download >> eBooks
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Studies by Books of the Bible
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Extra-Biblical Texts >> Dead Sea Scrolls
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Studies by Books of the Bible
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biblical Studies >> Extra-Biblical Texts
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Extra-Biblical Texts
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Studies by Books of the Bible