A companion to the book Will Our Generation Speak?
, this study guide is not merely for producing discussion about the book, but also for providing a "trail to discovery" of what Scripture teaches about evangelism.
People of all ages will benefit from this study. It is recommended for high school and college groups. It is also suggested as a personal Bible study, family study, or for a homeschool Bible course in evangelism.
Although individuals will benefit from using this study guide, its primary purpose is for groups. Often young people are excited about witnessing, but they feel alone. Their friends from church do not share their enthusiasm. They easily become discouraged. However, witnessing as a time makes a great difference. The accountability helps, the prayer helps, the encouragement helps, and doing it together makes it easier. In addition, when a witnessing outreach is on the calendar, it's harder to back out! In the New Testament, we often see believers sharing the gospel in pairs. The goal is for individuals who have a heart for evangelism to lead this study with a group and form a witnessing team.
This study will help you:
- Examine New Testament passages on evangelism
- Build your reservoir of gospel sketches, analogies, and illustrations
- Grasp the power of the cross more deeply to communicate it with greater zeal
- Glean tips on starting witnessing conversations and transitioning to the gospel
- Learn biblical answers to common questions unbelievers ask