Shaping Generation iY. It’s on the minds of every parent, teacher, coach, employer and youth worker.
You are already familiar with Generation Y. May we introduce you to Generation iY. These are the young people born since 1990. We call them the iY Generation because of the impact of iPods, iPhones, iChat, iTunes, iMovies, iMacs... and the fact that life for them is often about "i."
- They are self absorbed
- They are postponing maturation
- They are addicted to media
- They are medicated
- They feel entitled
Generation iY faces a completely different set of challenges that the previous generations. They also have a unique set of opportunities ahead of them. Parents of iYers need practical tools to guide children through the roadblocks and equip them to reach their potential.
This faith-based resource includes four DVD sessions with Dr. Tim Elmore. These sessions are designed to help parents understand, engage and equip their children. The content is ideal to discuss with other parents, teachers, coaches, youth workers or employers. The following topics are covered:
- Aftershock: Understanding the Cultural Shifts of This Generation
- Helicopters and Karaoke: The Pros and Cons of a New Generation of Parents
- Screenagers: Equipping a New Generation of Kids for Adulthood.
- Creative Ideas to Lead and Parent