Engaging the Bible in a Gendered World: An Intro to Feminist Biblical Interpretation in Honor of Katharine Doob Sakenfeld
- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Cyber Deals
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
Contributors include Phyllis Bird, Nancy Bowen, Juliana Claassens, Linda Day, Ada Maria Isasi-Diaz, Frederick Dobbs-Allsopp, Freda Gardner, Nyasha Junior, Jacqueline Lapsley, Eunny Lee, Patrick Miller, Christie Nueger, Kathleen O'Connor, Dennis Olson, Anna May Say Pa, Carolyn Pressler, J. J. M. Roberts, Kathryn Roberts, C. L. Seow, Elizabeth Tanner, and Sarah Zhang Bothe.
Katharine Doob Sakenfeld is William Albright Eisenberger Professor of Old Testament Literature and Exegesis and Director of PhD Studies at Princeton Theological Seminary. She focuses her teaching on Old Testament prophetic literature, Israelite and Judean history, and feminist biblical interpretation. She is the author of Just Wives? Stories of Power and Survival in the Old Testament and Today and Ruth in the esteemed Interpretation commentary series.
Linda Day is Editor of Catholic Biblical Quarterly. She taught most recently at Pittsburgh Theological Seminary.
Carolyn Pressler is Harry C. Piper Professor of Biblical Interpretation at United Theological Seminary of the Twin Cities.
Number of Pages: 288
Vendor: Westminster John Knox Press
Publication Date: 2006
|Dimensions: 9 X 6 (inches)|
En La Lucha/In the Struggle: Elaborating a Mujerista Theology, 10th Anniversary EditionAda Maria Isasi-DiazAugsburg Fortress / 2003 / Trade Paperback$26.13
In this introductory textbook, some of the most widely respected scholars in the field introduce students to the methods, issues, and theoretical frameworks central to feminist biblical interpretation. In highly accessible essays, the book covers the history, achievements, and cutting-edge questions in the area of gender and biblical scholarship, including violence and the Bible, female biblical God imagery, and sexuality. The contributors--women and men--are feminist, womanist, and pro-feminist biblical interpreters.
Find Related Products
- Academic >> Theology >> General Theology >> Women's Studies >> Commentaries & Biblical Studies
- Academic >> Theology >> General Theology >> Women's Studies >> Feminist Theology
- Academic >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions
- Academic >> Theology >> Women's Studies >> Commentaries & Biblical Studies
- Books >> Theology >> General Theology >> Women's Studies >> Commentaries & Biblical Studies
- Books >> Theology >> General Theology >> Women's Studies >> Feminist Theology
- Books >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions
- Books >> Theology >> Women's Studies >> Commentaries & Biblical Studies