Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Title: Grab, Gather, Grow: Multiply Community Groups in Your Church - eBook|
By: Jennifer Cowart, Jim Cowart
Format: DRM Protected ePub
Vendor: Abingdon Press
|Publication Date: 2016|
Stock No: WW82765EB
Jim and Jen Cowart, authors of Start This, Stop That, offer a fresh strategy for developing community groups for your whole church and beyond. Harvest Church (www.harvestchurch4u.org), a young United Methodist congregation twenty miles southwest of Macon, met for seven years (on Sundays) on the move in a rented theatre. They learned about adaptive systems, digital tools, and flexible overhead. Since building a multipurpose facility on 43 acres near Warner Robins, Georgia in 2007, Harvest Church applied what they learned about mobility and sustained rapid growth to 2700 in worship attendance, with seven weekend services. They dispensed with a typical education wing (at significant cost savings) and classrooms in favor of four multipurpose rooms. They adapted a community groups strategy, which meets primarily in homes. They have expanded from 72 community groups to more than 300 in one year.
In this leadership book, Jen and Jim offer a five-part method for transforming a congregation through launching community groups. Community groups become a multiplication strategy because they nurture an urgent expectation outside the congregation to share the good news with persons not yet professing faith, while creating a well defined path for growth in discipleship. The book will include the following themes:
- Group Explosion New Strategy for 100% plus group participation
- Overcoming Obstacles Structuring for Maximum Growth vs Control Crowd to Core Group Growth
- The Power of the Pulpit This system is driven from the stage
- Living the 5 through Group Life How the CG lives into Fellowship, Discipleship, Ministry, Evangelism, and Worship
- Creating Infrastructure for Facilitators
Jennifer Cowart is Executive and Teaching pastor of Harvest Church. With degrees in Christian education, counseling, and business, she has been integral to the development of the Emerging and Discipleship Ministries at Harvest. Jen is a gifted Bible teacher and speaker and the author of three womens Bible studies, Pursued (Spring 2021), Fierce, and Messy People as well as several studies co-authored with her husband, Jim, including The One and Living the Five. She and Jim love doing life with their kids, Aly, Josh, and Andrew.Jim Cowart is the lead and founding pastor of Harvest Church in middle Georgia, a congregation that he and his wife, Jennifer, began in 2001 and that has twice been named among the nations fastest-growing congregations. Jim has authored and coauthored numerous books including Leading from Horseback, Grab Gather Grow, and Start This, Stop That. Whenever life allows, Jim escapes to enjoy the outdoors on horseback, hunting, and traveling with his family.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Supplies >> Church Leadership >> Church Growth >> Growing the Small Church
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Supplies >> Outreach/Visitor >> House/Cell Churches
- Church & Supplies >> Church Leadership >> Church Growth >> Growing the Small Church
- Church & Supplies >> Outreach/Visitor >> House/Cell Churches
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Supplies >> Church Leadership