- Books of the Bible▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2012
Series: Blackwell Bible Commentaries
- Explores the influence and history of this important New Testament book
- Demonstrates the crucial role that Galatians has played in the development of very diverse forms of Christian spirituality
- Considers the influence of Galatians on a wide range of theological figures, including Chrysostom, Augustine, and Luther
- Examines the ways in which Galatians has influenced images of Paul, suggesting that it is the indeterminacy and complexity of his text that cause it to be interpreted in such widely differing ways
- Focuses on verses, themes or arguments that have been the subject of particularly influential readings
- Published in the innovative and stimulating Wiley-Blackwell Bible Commentaries reception history series, which focuses on the broad spectrum of interpretations rather than the traditional verse by verse analysis typically found in commentaries.
“John Riches’ contribution to this excellent series is a well-focused, rich collection of work from key writers on Galatians from Marcion to the present day.” Journal for the Study of the New Testament
“An invaluable treasure trove of carefully selected interpretations, but more important is the overall picture that it paints of the extensive dialogue about Galatians, and the questions the book raises about the relationship between the text and its readers.” Ecclesiastical History
“This book is such a useful and admirable work of scholarship that I hesitate to find any fault with it.” Catholic Biblical Quarterly