Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Tyndale Momentum
Publication Date: 2011
Barna turns his remarkable research into insights and statistics about religion, family life, multi-media, politics, science, and entertainment. He gives life to numbers. The numbers are always understood with ease and counterbalanced with a clear interpretation of the implications. Barna, head of a research institute and already a renowned author with more than 40 books published, proves that he has as much to say as ever.
Proverbs 1:5 says, "Let the wise hear and increase in learning, and the one who understands obtain guidance," which is very apparent in Barna's pursuit of understanding the present in terms of Christianity. Barna uses his knowledge as a warning sign and points fervently to the path Christianity is taking, and more fervently to the one it should be taking. Barna sees the numbers he works with for what they are: real people.
The evidence Barna has gathered often reaffirms what we know or suspect, but it is also often startling and discomforting. The book remains applicable despite being based on data, and it gives a clearer understanding of the truth about our society. Any Christian who desires to achieve a greater understanding of the truth, and what to do about it, would greatly benefit from this book. Kyle Carruthers, www.ChristianBookPreviews.com
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics >> Worldview
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Church Growth >> Vision
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics >> Worldview
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership