Freedom from Sin through the Promises of God
This study guide companion to the DVD version of Future Gracethe foundational book by John Piper on the expansive reach of Gods gracewill help individuals and groups understand that victory over sin comes not from a herculean effort to avoid worldly pleasures, but through fixing ones focus on the reality that God is far more desirable than even life itself. Delighting in the bounty of God's promises frees us from sinful patterns, to the glory of Christ!
The DVD and this guide create an ideal package for adult and youth Sunday school classes, small groups, retreats, classrooms, families, as well as for individual study.
Topics for this 12-session guided study include:
· A Passion for Holiness
· Justification by Faith and the Necessity of Perseverance
· What Is Faith?
· The Crucial Function of Bygone Grace
· The Role of Gratitude in Producing Obedience
· How Faith in Future Grace Produces Radical Love
· Future Grace Versus Anxiety and Covetousness
· Future Grace Versus Lust, Bitterness, and Impatience
Complete with Scripture, key quotations for reflection, thought-provoking questions, and five daily assignments per week, this study guide helps reveal how a life of purity can be recovered through the power of God's future grace, which streams into the present through faith.
Also includes a six-session track option. Leaders Guide Included.