- Books of the Bible▼▲
- Group or Individual Study▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Number of Lessons▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2009
Series: Pursuing Spiritual Transformation
John Ortberg is the senior pastor of Menlo Park Presbyterian Church (MPPC) in the San Francisco Bay Area. His bestselling books include Soul Keeping, Who Is This Man?, and If You Want to Walk on Water, Youve Got to Get out of the Boat. John teaches around the world at conferences and churches, writes articles for Christianity Today and Leadership Journal, and is on the board of the Dallas Willard Center and Fuller Seminary. He has preached sermons on Abraham Lincoln, The LEGO Movie, and The Gospel According to Les Miserables. John and his wife Nancy enjoy spending time with their three adult children, dog Baxter, and surfing the Pacific. You can follow John on twitter @johnortberg or check out the latest news/blogs on his website at www.johnortberg.com.
Judson Poling is coauthor of the Walking with God series and general editor of The Journey: A Study Bible for Spiritual Seekers.
Kathy5 Stars Out Of 5Living Each Day In Jesus NameJanuary 25, 2013KathyQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Our women's ministry recently utilized this book to kick off our Pursuing Spiritual Transformation series. Fully Devoted is the overview book for the Pursuing Spiritual Transformation series by John Ortberg. There are five books in this series and each topic is overviewed in this edition. The goal of spiritual transformation is to become more like Jesus through the study of His word, the Bible and to apply it/live it in our everyday lives. The lessons are divided into four sections: introduction, spiritual exercise, Bible study, and take away. The book also contains a leader's guide in the book which I have found to be most helpful. I would highly recommend this study either for those who are seekers/believers. However some of the other books in the series are designed only for believers.
Disappointed1 Stars Out Of 5August 9, 2011DisappointedValue: 1Meets Expectations: 1What good is a work book that cannot be worked in? The new (required) adobe format does not allow annotating nor printing. Therefore this product did not satisfy my needs.
Amanda5 Stars Out Of 5May 2, 2008AmandaI really enjoyed this study. I found it easy to do at home, and then while leading the larger group, it was easy to get a good conversation going about the 7 different topics. I did this study with 4 other women who had been believers for a while, and they each felt challenged by the study also.
Rev. Dr. J Beggs5 Stars Out Of 5November 14, 2001Rev. Dr. J Beggs"Hank's outward demeanor mirrored a dear and much more tragic reality: Hank was not changing. He was not being transformed. But here is what is most remarkable: Nobody in the church was surprised by this."Fully Devoted is an excellent and very practical seven part study to challenge the above reality. In Christ we are to be changed, transformed, but too seldom does that happen. This study provides scriptural insights and practical weekly spiritual exercices to encourage the maturation process. Our group was deeply touched through each lesson. The questions provided good discussion on much more than Bible content. Check this study out!
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download >> eBooks
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Character
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Discipleship & Growth
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Overcoming
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides >> Character
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides >> Discipleship & Growth
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides >> Overcoming
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources