Add To Cart
Add To Cart
|Title: From This Moment: A Novel|
By: Kim Vogel Sawyer
Number of Pages: 352
Vendor: WaterBrook Press
Publication Date: 2021
|Dimensions: 8.25 X 5.50 (inches)|
Weight: 13 ounces
Stock No: WW653684
A Kansas State Library Notable Book • "Kim Vogel Sawyer is an amazing storyteller who crafts each of her stories with page-turning excitement and rich character development."Tracie Peterson, bestselling author of the Golden Gate Secrets series
Growing up in the foster care system, Jase Edgar always dreamed of one day starting his own family. But his fiancée's untimely death shattered his plans. Moving to Kansas and serving as a youth minister should be a fresh start, but he can't seem to set aside his doubts about God's goodness long enough to embrace his new life.
Newly-appointed church custodian, Lori Fowler is battling her own challenges. Her strained relationship with her father and her struggles with overeating convince her she's not worthy enough for love. When an Amish weaver enlists their help locating the owner of a ring found among the donated clothing she uses as fabric, Jase and Lori find themselves drawn to each other. But will they be able to release the past and move forward from this moment into a joyful future?
1. Jase receives a piece of advice from Merlin Kraft shortly after his arrival in Bradleyville: "God raises us up for His purposes so we have the opportunity to experience and share His power in a human life. . . . You might feel like your plans have been lost, but His plans are never forsaken. He will use you for His glory, and itll be for your good, too." Have your plans ever crumbled? How did you adapt to the change in direction? Did you uncover new strength, wisdom, or ministry in the change?
2. How did Jases tumultuous childhood prepare him to minister to the youth at Beech Street Bible Fellowship?
3. What role did Brother Tony play in Jases life? Do you have a mentor who has inspired and guided you? Have you taken the time to thank this person for his or her influence? Have you ever mentored someone else? How has this blessed and challenged your life?
4. Kenzie left her Amish farm for the city and changed her name, but she held on to some elements of her simplistic upbringing.
Why do you think she didnt cast off everything from her former life? Do you think she will stay in Indiana or come back to Kansas? Why?
5. Lori lost her mother when she was young, which left a hole in her life that she tried to fill with food. Why was this unhelpful? When youre feeling empty, how do you fill yourself? What role does God want to play in being our filler?
6. Because of her physical appearance, Lori felt unworthy. Society places great value on physical appearance. How does this align with Scripture? How can we help our daughters or the young women in our lives view themselves as valuable?
7. Jase used Jeremiah 29:1113 as the basis for his first sermon at Beech Street. Are these verses familiar to you? Do you believe God is found when we seek Him even from a place of bitter anger? In what ways did God reveal to Jase hope and a future? How has He revealed hope and a future to you?
8. Merlin contemplated the question, If God already has life pathways mapped, does prayer change the circumstance? How would you answer the question? What scriptures support your viewpoint?
9. Pretend a year has passed since Kenzie left for Indiana and Jase delivered his first sermon. Where do you see Kenzie, Jase, Lori, Merlin, and Cullen now?
"Kim Vogel Sawyer has a unique ability to connect readers to their own foibles and needs by exploring the hearts of her characters with great insight. I highly recommend this amazing novelist."Hannah Alexander, author of the Hallowed Halls series
"Kim Vogel Sawyer is an amazing storyteller who crafts each of her stories with page-turning excitement and rich character development. Ive known Kim for many years and can honestly say that her books are some of the most satisfying and delightful Ive read. I feel confident my readers will enjoy her novels immensely."Tracie Peterson, bestselling author of more than one hundred fiction titles, including the Golden Gate Secrets series
"Kim Vogel Sawyer paints characters with exquisite detail emotionally and physically, then sets them in a story that transports the reader into a world equally as appealing as the people who live there. A captivating read, leaving you wanting more."Lauraine Snelling, author of To Everything a Season, Wake the Dawn, and Heaven Sent Rain
"In The Librarian of Boones Hollow, Sawyer provides a delightful look into the rich history behind the historic packhorse librarians of Appalachia, sweeping readers into the backwoods of 1936 Kentucky with fantastic period details and dialects that shift with each characters point of view. Contrasts between characters frames of mind, such as propriety and faith versus anger and fear, create emotional depth and allow Sawyer to celebrate the healing power of kindness and love. With a grace-based message of self-worth, this suspenseful historical romance is sure to charm readers."Booklist (starred review)
"A Silken Thread is a truly inspirational tale cemented in the bonds of family and true friendship."Publishers Weekly (starred review)
"Sawyers Beneath a Prairie Moon is laced with humor, danger, and unexpected plot twists."Library Journal
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.