Add To Cart
From Adam to Us--Curriculum Package
Add To Cart
Add To Cart
The Notgrass From Adam to Us curriculum is a one-year world history and literature curriculum for students in grades 5-8.
From Adam to Us includes two primary textbooks (one for each semester; each includes 75 lessons). The daily lessons are written in a narrative style and richly illustrated with color photographs and maps. Volume 1: Creation to Cathedrals will introduce students to ancient civilizations, the Great Empires, the early Church, and the Middle Ages. Volume 2: Castles to Computers covers the early Renaissance, Age of Revolutions, Victorian Era, the 20th Century and up through modern communications. Each unit includes five lessons that look at biographies, landmarks, daily life, "God's Wonders" (natural resources), and "Our World" stories (major events). At the end of each lesson, an assignments section lists exercises, assignments to do using the other From Adam to Us resources, and literature readings (literature not included).
The Timeline Book covers the entire curriculum from Creation to the 21st century. Linked to the textbook assignments, students find the box that has the matching lesson number and copy the assigned statement onto the lines. Illustrations, dates, and famous people are also listed. Pages may be kept in-book or removed.
The Map Book includes lesson-linked map work that includes a map and instructions telling students what to identify, color, or draw.
Our Creative World features primary documents that accompany the curriculum, including stories, poems, documents, and pictures of art, artifacts, and architecture. Entries include a short contextual introduction.
The Answer Key includes unit-by-unit answers to the Thinking Biblically and Vocabulary assignments given in the textbook, as well as answers for the Lesson Review book, Student Workbook, and Timeline Book. A vocabulary word list and a short summary of each literature books is also included.
This kit includes:
- From Adam to Us, Volume 1, 508 pages, hardcover
- From Adam to Us, Volume 2,pages 510-1044, hardcover
- Our Creative World, 154 pages, hardcover
- Map Book, 43 maps, softcover
- Timeline Book, 31 pages, softcover
- Answer Key, 61 pages, softcover
Ten books are assigned with this curriculum (not included and must be obtained separately):
- The Golden Goblet by Eloise Jarvis McGraw -Puffin Newbery Library (ISBN 9780140303353)
- The Fables of Aesop edited by Joseph Jacobs - Dover Publications (ISBN 9780486418599)
- The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare - Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (ISBN 9780395137192)
- A Single Shard by Linda Sue Park - Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (ISBN 9780547534268)
- Otto of the Silver Hand by Howard Pyle - Dover Publications (ISBN 9780486217840)
- The King's Fifth by Scott O'Dell - Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (ISBN 9780618747832)
- Madeline Takes Command by Ethel C. Brill - Bethlehem Books (ISBN 9781883937171)
- The Switherby Pilgrims by Eleanor Spence - Bethlehem Books (ISBN 9781883937997)
- The Chestry Oak by Kate Seredy - Purple House Press (ISBN 9781930900813)
- Children of the Storm by Natasha Vins - Journeyforth (ISBN 9781579248543)
Scripture is taken from the NASB
|Title: From Adam to Us--Curriculum Package|
Vendor: Notgrass Company
Publication Date: 2016
|Weight: 12 pounds 7 ounces|
Stock No: WW990831
Well-Trained Mind Press / Trade PaperbackOur Price$10.845 out of 5 stars for Test Book Vol 4: The Modern Age, Story of the World. View reviews of this product. 2 Reviews
Retail Price$14.95Save 27% ($4.11)
Classical Conversations / 2014 / Spiral BoundOur Price$14.99
Lori VerstegenInstitute For Excellence In Writing / 2015 / OtherOur Price$29.00
Master Books / OtherOur Price$35.695 out of 5 stars for Elementary Geography & Cultures Pack, 3 Volumes. View reviews of this product. 1 Reviews
Retail Price$50.97Save 30% ($15.28)
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
We offer thousands of quality curricula, workbooks, and references to meet your homeschooling needs. To assist you in your choices, we have included the following symbol next to those materials that specifically reflect a Christian worldview.
If you have any questions about specific products, our knowledgeable Homeschool Specialists will be glad to help you. Just call us at 1-800-CHRISTIAN.
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.