- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2000
Series: Friendship 911
Sixteen-year-old Kevin Colvin, burdened by his parent's fighting, the recent death of his best friend and slipping grades, despairs that he's just "a waste of space on this planet. Is this a passing thought or is he about to seriously contemplate suicide?
Do you know any students like Kevin who are caught in the downward emotional spiral of disappointment to discouragement to despair? What can you say or do to help? What do they need most right now? Perhaps more than any time in their lives they need a "911 friend"-a friend who " is always loyal and a brother [and sister who] is born to help in time of need" (Prov. 17:17).
Through the aid of a gripping true-to-life story, Josh McDowell along with Ed Stewart offers biblical insights and practical instruction on what your friend can do when plagued with passing thoughts of ending it all. But more importantly, you will discover how to become a true source of help and encouragement to lift him or her from discouragement and despair. This book is designed for you to read first and then give to your friend.
And if you are that person struggling with despair, you can learn how to find that light at the end of the dark tunnel you seem to be in. For you will discover how important you are to God and to those around you, especially to the friend who gave you this book.
As a young man, Josh McDowell considered himself an agnostic. He truly believed that Christianity was worthless. However, when challenged to intellectually examine the claims of Christianity, Josh discovered compelling and overwhelming evidence for the reliability of the Christian faith. After trusting in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, Joshs life changed dramatically as he experienced the power of Gods love. After his conversion, Josh committed his life to telling a doubting world about the truth of Jesus Christ. After studying at Kellogg College, Josh completed his college degree at Wheaton College and then attended Talbot Theological Seminary, graduating magna cum laude with a Masters of Divinity. Working with Campus Crusade for Christ and founding the youth outreach, Josh McDowell Ministry, Josh has shared the gospel with more than 25 million people in 125 countries. He is the author or co-authored of 147 books.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Relationships >> Friendship
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Student & Teens >> Friendship
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Student & Teens >> Personal Growth
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Student & Teens >> Relationships >> Friendship
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Relationships
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Student & Teens >> Personal Growth
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Student & Teens >> Relationships
- Church & Supplies >> Youth Ministry >> Challenging Topics
- Church & Supplies >> Youth Ministry >> Relationships
- Church & Supplies >> Youth Ministry >> Series
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Relationships
- Download >> eBooks >> Student & Teens >> Personal Growth
- Download >> eBooks >> Student & Teens >> Relationships