- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Spring Cyber Sale
- Streaming Video
- Student & Teens
- Sunday School
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2000
Series: Friendship 911
Fourteen-year-old Ann Cassidy has a secret, but she can't keep it any longer. The nightmares, the flashbacks, the false guilt-she has to tell someone. When Ann finally reveals the horror of her childhood sexual abuse, she feels some relief-but she has a new flood of emotions to deal with and she's scared.
Has anyone like Ann unburdened the dark memories of past sexual abuse with you? Do you know what to say or do? What is need most right now? Perhaps more than any time in life he or she needs a "911 friend"-a friend who " is always loyal and a brother [and sister who] is born to help in time of need" (Prov. 17:17).
Through the aid of a gripping true-to-life story, Josh McDowell along with Ed Stewart offers biblical insights and practical instruction on how your friend can deal with the pain of past sexual abuse. But more importantly, you will discover how to become a true source of comfort, encouragement, and support to him or her right now. This book is designed for you to read first and then give to your friend.
And if you are that person who is haunted by childhood sexual abuse, you will learn the all important path to wholeness. But more than that, you will discover how to experience the comfort, encouragement and healing you need from both God and a friend-most likely the friend who gave you this book.
As a young man, Josh McDowell considered himself an agnostic. He truly believed that Christianity was worthless. However, when challenged to intellectually examine the claims of Christianity, Josh discovered compelling and overwhelming evidence for the reliability of the Christian faith. After trusting in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, Joshs life changed dramatically as he experienced the power of Gods love. After his conversion, Josh committed his life to telling a doubting world about the truth of Jesus Christ. After studying at Kellogg College, Josh completed his college degree at Wheaton College and then attended Talbot Theological Seminary, graduating magna cum laude with a Masters of Divinity. Working with Campus Crusade for Christ and founding the youth outreach, Josh McDowell Ministry, Josh has shared the gospel with more than 25 million people in 125 countries. He is the author or co-authored of 147 books.
Find Related Products▼▲
- Church & Pastoral >> Youth Ministry >> Challenging Topics
- Church & Pastoral >> Youth Ministry >> Relationships
- Church & Pastoral >> Youth Ministry >> Series
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Youth Ministry
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Relationships
- Download >> eBooks >> Student & Teens >> Personal Growth
- Download >> eBooks >> Student & Teens >> Relationships
- Student & Teens >> Personal Growth
- Student & Teens >> Relationships >> Friendship
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Youth Ministry >> Challenging Topics
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Youth Ministry >> Relationships
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Youth Ministry >> Series
- eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Relationships
- eBooks >> Student & Teens >> Personal Growth
- eBooks >> Student & Teens >> Relationships