Fresh Air: The Holy Spirit for an Inspired Life - eBook
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Paraclete Press
Publication Date: 2012
n the Bible, the Holy Spirit staggers us with its unexpectedness. The Holy Spirit is not just about speaking in tongues, spiritual gifts or fruitsbut also about our deepest breath and our highest human aspirations. Popular teacher Jack Levison brings a scholars knowledge of this complicated biblical topic to a wide audience that crosses all denominational boundaries. His new book aims to do nothing less than clarify 2,000 years of confusion on the topic of who the Holy Spirit is, and why it matters. Provocative and life-changing, Fresh Air combines moving personal anecdotes, rich biblical studies, and practical strategies for experiencing the daily presence of the Holy Spirit. In brief chapters, the book finds the presence of the Holy Spirit where we least expect itin human breathing, in social transformation, in community, in hostile situations, and in serious learning. Fresh Air will unsettle and invigorate readers poised for a fresh experience of an ancient, confusing topic.
Jack Levison teaches at Seattle Pacific University. The author of many books and articles, he has won major national and international awards for his scholarship. Scot McKnight, author of The Jesus Creed, called Levisons Filled with the Spirit the benchmark and starting point for all future studies of the Spirit, and Walter Brueggemann hailed it as inspired.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology >> Pneumatology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Knowing Holy Spirit
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Knowing Holy Spirit
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology >> Pneumatology
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship