Freedom of the Will - eBook
Add To Cart
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Christian Classics Ethereal Library
Publication Date: 2011
Having graduated from Yale at the mere age of seventeen, Jonathan Edwards is ranked among America's most pre-eminent philosopher-theologians. Edwards wrote Freedom of the Will in 1754 while serving in Massachusetts as a missionary to a native tribe of Housatonic Indians. In this text, Edwards investigates the contrasting Calvinist and Arminian views about free will, God's foreknowledge, determinism, and moral agency. As Edwards attempts to resolve the contention surrounding these topics, he relies on a variety of textual resources including the Bible and philosophy works of enlightenment thinkers. This book can be challenging due to Edwards' emphasis on philosophical reasoning, but Edwards strives to educate his audience by frequently defining confusing terms and explaining controversial passages in depth. Freedom of the Will is relevant to every Christian because it addresses difficult questions about desire, choice, good, and evil. -Emmalon Davis, CCEL Staff Writer
Be the first to write a review!
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Church History >> Significant People & Events
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Systematic Theology Theologians >> Edwards
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church History >> Significant People & Events
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Systematic Theology Theologians
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Church History >> Significant People & Events
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Systematic Theology Theologians