- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: 10 Publishing
Publication Date: 2012
‘What are the marks of a supernaturally changed heart?’
This is one of the questions the Apostle Paul addresses as he writes to the church in Corinth. He’s not after some superficial outward tinkering, but instead a deep–rooted, life–altering change that takes place on the inside. In an age where pleasing people, puffing up your ego and building your résumé are seen as the methods to ‘make it’, the Apostle Paul calls us to find true rest in blessed self–forgetfulness.
In this short and punchy book, best–selling author Timothy Keller, shows that gospel–humility means we can stop connecting every experience, every conversation with ourselves and can thus be free from self–condemnation. A truly gospel–humble person is not a self–hating person or a self–loving person, but a self–forgetful person.
This freedom can be yours…
Kelley5 Stars Out Of 5helpful bookletJune 14, 2017KelleyQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5my pastor had recommended this booklet to me....I'm thankful he did....a very helpful tool in learning how to think less of myself and more about others!
Ken5 Stars Out Of 5I keep reading it again and again!May 26, 2017KenQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5This is a very small book - more like a booklet, really. It's no longer than a typical chapter of a book, and seems to simply be a transcript of an amazing sermon that Timothy Keller preached. But does it ever pack a punch! No wonder someone decided to put a cover on it and make it available to people! There is such incredible insight in this book, and it is explained so well that after reading it once, I promptly read it again. I want it to sink in. And I expect I'll read it again just to make sure it does! Keller's aim in this book is to set people free from the futile games we play to achieve what society calls proper self-esteem, and to do so, he points us to Jesus and the Gospel in some very practical ways. I am thrilled that the Lord drew my attention to this book!
yup5 Stars Out Of 5good stuffMarch 24, 2017yupQuality: 5Value: 4Meets Expectations: 4great easy read with an impact
sheila5 Stars Out Of 5The Freedom of Self-Forgetfulness: The Path to True Christian JoyJuly 22, 2016sheilaQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5This summer our small group is studing this book. Very enlightening!!!
cdfranzese2 Stars Out Of 5So-soMarch 28, 2016cdfranzeseQuality: 3Value: 1Meets Expectations: 1For me, this book was forgettable (no pun intended). While his use of Paul and the Corinthians were certainly worthy of use, I found his use of madonna annoying. Why bring in a celebrity who has led so many young girls down the wrong path?
Find Related Products▼▲
- Christian Living >> Charismatic Interest >> Spiritual Warfare
- Christian Living >> Charismatic Interest >> Spirituality
- Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Charismatic Interest >> Spiritual Warfare
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Charismatic Interest >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Evangelism
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Charismatic Interest >> Spiritual Warfare
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Charismatic Interest >> Spirituality
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Evangelism >> Discipleship