Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
In Francis: Pope of a New World, Andrea Tornielli reveals the personality and thinking of Pope Francis, considered by many to be a surprising and revolutionary choice for a Pope of the 21st century. Born in Argentina to Italian immigrants, he became a humble pastor to one of the world's largest archdioceses, preferring to take a bus, talk with common folk, and live a simple life. This complete biography is the story of why the cardinal electors of the Catholic Church set aside political and diplomatic calculations to elect a pope to lead the renewal and purification of the worldwide Church of our time.
Number of Pages: 200
Vendor: Ignatius Press
|Publication Date: 2013|
On Heaven and Earth: Pope Francis on Faith, Family, and the Church in the 21st CenturyJorge Mario Bergoglio, Abraham SkorkaImage Entertainment / 2013 / Hardcover$10.49 Retail:3.5 Stars Out Of 5 2 Reviews Video
$22.00Save 52% ($11.51)
Pray for Me: The Life and Spiritual Vision of Pope Francis, First Pope from the AmericasRobert MoynihanImage Entertainment / 2013 / Hardcover$17.99 Retail:Video
$19.99Save 10% ($2.00)
"Andrea Tornielli is one of the best, if not the best, Vatican reporter
out there. Period. He is the best-sourced, most accurate and one of the most knowledgeable reporters among the unique band of 'Vaticanisti' who travel with the pope, digest theological treatises as bedtime reading and count cardinals and monsignors as friends."
---Nicole Winfield, Associated Press
"May this knowledge of Pope Francis' past and background enlighten every reader...[and] provide a context for the new surprises he seems capable of offering to the Church and to the modern world as a whole."
---Fr. Mitch Pacwa, S.J., from the Foreword
Andrea Tornielli is a Vatican correspondent for the highly regarded Italian newspaper La Stampa who has collaborated with numerous Italian and international publications. His numerous books include Pius XII, the Pope of the Jews; The Choice of Martini; Pope Luciani: the Smile of a Saint; The Pope Who Saved the Jews; Benedict XVI, Guardian of the Faith; The Secret of Padre Pio and Karol Wojtyla; and The Attack on Ratzinger (with Paolo Rodari).
Points of Interest▼▲
- Definitive and complete biography of the surprising new Pope Francis
- With important quotes from the statements and writings of the former Jorge Mario Bergoglio, including material from right before he entered the conclave that elected him pope
- Describes the humble background and simple lifestyle of this prince of the Church who is also a Jesuit and an advocate of the poor
- Reveals a multi-faceted person who is gentle, humble and pastoral, yet bold and deeply committed to the teachings Christ entrusted to his Church
- Shows the unique background of Pope Francis as a bridge-builder between the old world and the new, the past and the future, the call for reform and the need for fidelity
- Author is a renowned Vatican expert, insider and acclaimed author and journalist
- The election of Pope Francis involves several "firsts" - the first Latin American Pope, the first Jesuit Pope and the first to take the name Francis
The Words of Pope of Francis▼▲
"Brothers and Sisters, before the bishop blesses the people, I ask you to pray to God that he will bless your bishop"