- All Products
- Theology× (4,923)
- Biblical Theology
- Doctrinal Theology
- General Theology
- Historical Theology
- Literature & Theology
- Philosophy & Theology
- Practical Theology
- Religion & Society
- Religious Studies
- Sacramental Theology
- Spiritual / Mystical Theology
- Systematic Theology
- Systematic Theology Theologians
- Theological Education
- Theological Movements & Traditions
- Theological References
- Topics of Debate
- World Religions
- Worldview Studies
- Theology× (4,923)
- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Philosophical Branches▼▲
- Philosophical Schools▼▲
- Philosophical Subjects▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Master Books
Publication Date: 1996
Secular textbooks now fill our classrooms, while the Ten Commandments have been removed from their walls. Is this the vision held by those who worked to found this nation? What faith did our founding fathers truly believe and practice in their daily lives, and what does it really matter for us? Were they God-fearing, Bible-believing Christians or simply enlightened Deists, Transcendentalists, and Unitarians?
Today the debate rages on, becoming a polarizing cultural issue, the outcome of which will lead to a vastly different nation in the years ahead. This probing study:
- Examines the facts that have created debate for years among educators, scholars, and historians
- Studies the intimate papers, diaries, and letters of the founders themselves
- Helps solve this mystery of our nation's past so that we can best guide its future.
Meticulously documented, Faith of Our Founding Fathers by best-selling author Tim LaHaye details the Christian principles of these early Americans, and notes how the argument for the separation of church and state has led us to the vast secularization of our culture. Studying the original writings of those who shaped this nation will help Christians present the case for renewing the former vision for this great country.
For 25 years, Dr. Tim LaHaye pastored one of the nation's outstanding churches in San Diego, Calif., which grew to three locations. It was during this time he also founded two accredited Christian high schools, a school system of 10 Christian schools, San Diego Christian College (formerly Christian Heritage College), and assisted Dr. Henry Morris in the founding of the Institute for Creation Research, the nation's foremost exponent of creationist materials.
Tim LaHaye has written more than 50 non-fiction books on a wide range of subjects such as: family life, temperaments, sexual adjustment, Bible prophecy, the will of God, Jesus Christ, and secular humanism with over 13 million in print, some of which have been translated into thirty-two foreign languages. His writings are best noted for their easy-to-understand and scripturally based application of biblical principles that assist in facing and handling the challenges of life. He designed the LaHaye Temperament Analysis that has been used by over 30,000 people; many have found it to be a life-changing tool for self-improvement.
LaHaye and his wife Beverly, who is chairman of the board and founder of Concerned Women for America, have been married for over 55 years and live in southern California. They have four grown children, nine grandchildren, and seven great grandchildren.
TLynnChMeadville, MSAge: 55-65Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5American History That Was Hidden From MeAugust 26, 2013TLynnChMeadville, MSAge: 55-65Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 4Meets Expectations: 5I am amazed at the history that has been purposely written out of the text books, beginning with my generation, to hide the Christian roots of our nation. I always knew that the United States was founded on Christian values and principles. This book highlights the faith in Jesus that our founding fathers had and how those brave men used the guidance from God to formulate a government that will only be excelled by the government of the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics >> Politics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> History >> US History
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics >> Politics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> History
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> History