Found Art: Discovering Beauty in Foreign Places - eBook
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase only in certain countries.
It's often difficult to see beauty in chaos and confusion. But what if God is busy creating something enduring from life's scraps? Looking through the lens of Ecclesiates 3, Tankersley opens our eyes to glimpses of God amidst life's trials. Her insights reveal that sometimes we must let something go if we're to be born again.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2009
Found Art is a memoir of the year author Leeana Tankersley lived in the Middle East with her Navy SEAL husband during the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. After a whirlwind courtship, a move across the world, and the unexpectedly difficult re-entry from a year overseas, Leeana finds her life (and her soul) has been changed forever.With an artists eye, Tankersley uses each chapter to piece together moments and memories from her journeya handwritten note from Kuwait, a braid of fringe from a Persian rug, an original poem, a bit of basting thread, a swatch of black silk from a borrowed abaya, a mesquite leaf, a Navy SEAL trident, a receipt from the Russian-Georgian restaurant on Louisiana Streetto create a work of unexpected beauty.Found art emerges a literary collage created from salvaged stories of loss, hope, and belief that just might change your soul, too.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Lessons from Scripture
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational >> Inspiring Stories >> True Life
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational